Wednesday at 9 p.m. – This hour-long documentary relates the remarkable history of Mammoth Cave National Park.
- Tuesday at 9 p.m. – Kemosabe? Loincloths, fringed pants, and feather headdresses? Heap big stereotypes. Reel Injun is an entertaining trip through the evolution of North American Native people (“The Indians”) as portrayed in famous Hollywood movies, from the silent era to today. Jim Jarmusch, Clint Eastwood, Graham Greene, John Trudell and others provide [...]
- Wednesday at 8 p.m. – Travel in time with us as we follow the adventures of our counterparts 100 years ago through rare, restored old film, museum pictures, and historical memorabilia. See how eastern city slickers were lured to north central Montana by a glitzy promotional campaign promoted by the Great Northern Railroad.
- Friday at 9 p.m. - In April 2003 wildlife biologist Karsten Heuer and his filmmaker wife, Leanne Allison, set off on a trek of epic proportions. For five months they skied and walked alongside the 123,000-member Porcupine Caribou Herd from their Yukon winter range to Alaskan calving grounds and back. The couple’s mission? [...]
The first in-depth documentary on the controversies of capturing and displaying whales and dolphins for public entertainment.
This documentary provides a rare glimpse into the lives of these now beloved cetaceans.
- Wednesday at 9 p.m. – Although Edgar Payne was chiefly self taught, he became one of America’s most significant painters in the early 20th century. A California impressionist, Payne created masterpieces using his innate talents and his love for the natural environment. Best known for his depictions of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Payne also [...]
- Coming Wednesday August 14 at 8 p.m. - What happens when two great predators come face to face in Yellowstone?
- Friday at 8:00 pm - Join UAS Assistant Professor of History, Ernestine Hayes, for this address which she delivered to the 2012 Association for the Study of Literature and the Environment Conference and the International Polar Year gathering. Hayes presents the recent history of Lingit Aani and examines its relevance to current circumstances from [...]
- Thursday at 10:00 pm - The Secretaries of Defense series was initiated in 1983. This year’s conference was held February 28 at The Bailey Center at Kennesaw State University in Georgia. David Gergen, Senior Political Analyst for CNN, and former presidential advisor who served during the administrations of Clinton, Reagan, Ford, and Nixon will [...]