Welcome to KTOO’s multimedia performance venue in downtown Juneau. We’ve created this unique, high tech studio space for the community, for civic events, arts, cultural and music performances, town hall meetings, training classes, conferences, screenings, exhibitions, special events and more.
We’ve named the space @360 to connect with our statewide public affairs channel, 360 North, and our Juneau street address, 360 Egan Drive.
The venue is a fully-equipped digital audio and high definition television studio, with state-of-the-art video equipment, live web streaming capabilities and a high-end digital audio system, so it is ideal for video shoots, audio recordings and photo shoots. We expect that @360 will be home to a variety of public media projects which you will hear on KTOO, KRNN and KXLL and see on 360 North and online.
We welcome creative ideas for @360. The venue is available for rent, with special discounts for Juneau’s non-profit organizations. To learn more, contact us by sending a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specifications and Equipment
Dimensions: 48’ x 32’, 1,536 sq. ft.; height 12’ 16” to lighting grid
Stage: 16’ x 16’ modular (4’x4’ sections), 10” high, carpeted, ADA compliant ramp
Physical Features: Flexible seating for up to 80 people. Contemporary wood and fabric finishes and furnishings. Air-conditioning, theatrical lighting grid, acoustic wall treatments, carpeted flooring, adjacent scene shop.
Lighting: LED ambient lighting and incandescent theatrical lighting system
Video Production Equipment: 5 Sony HD cameras (3 floor and 2 wall mounted robotic cameras), 70” LED monitor; Logitek digital audio system, Ross Carbonite live production video switcher; Chyron character generator; wireless mics, intercom system, Teleprompters.
Additional Technology: Guest Wi-Fi, 10 mbps wired Internet access, video conferencing, two-way fiber to KAKM in Anchorage, live web streaming, two HD edit suites; direct fiber connections to GCI, ACS and AT&T, MetroEthernet to Alaska State Capitol.
Furniture: 80 chairs, 6’ folding tables, lectern with built in PA system, portable stage
Accessibility & Public Amenities: Fully ADA-accessible, including access ramp to stage. Restrooms, shower, lobby/pre-function areas. Guest WiFi.
Security & Safety: Video surveillance system; key card controlled access; ADA compliant; on-site AED; emergency power plant; double loading door access to parking lot.
Location & parking: @360 is located in at KTOO, 360 Egan Drive in downtown Juneau. Adjacent to the new State Library, Archives and Museum building, Juneau Arts and Culture Center and Centennial Hall Convention center. Three hotels are within two blocks, and there are a number of restaurants less than five minutes away. Close to Capital Transit bus stops (Archives & ANB Hall). 30 space parking lot with van-accessible handicapped parking and additional public parking nearby.
Rental Polices & Rates
Our production staff knows a lot about technology. We will be happy to be your technology consultants, and will work with you to assure that you get good results.
Here are some basic things you should know about using @360:
- As a non-profit, we understand tight budgets, so the basic room rental is available to Southeast Alaska non-profits at a 25% discount as long as you don’t charge an admission fee. And if you need any of our technology services, we’ll knock off 25% from the regular rates shown below.
- Because the space is frequently used for KTOO’s productions, we are reluctant to offer long term rentals of more than two or three consecutive days, but feel free to ask.
- Serving beer or wine? If you charge admission or charge for alcohol, we’ll need to see a copy of your special events permit from the Alcohol Beverage Control Board and proof of liability insurance. For everyone’s safety, we will ask that you follow KTOO’s own policy for serving alcoholic beverages at events. Also, we add a surcharge for events which serve alcohol to handle the extra administrative service and cleaning costs.
- If your event involves serving food, you may need a DEC permit. We don’t have a food prep area, but we do have handwashing stations. We charge an additional $75 cleaning fee for food events serving 50 or more people.
@360 rates as of 1/1/2014
Basic room rental, including chairs and tables, stage, lectern with basic p.a. system, basic lighting, speakerphone, easel
- Business hours (8-5, M-F) $40/hour
- Non business hours (nights, weekends) $60/hour
- 70” LED monitor with laptop for PowerPoints or DVD player with set up: $20/event
- Labor for special set ups, stage moves, light plot changes: $35/hour
- Videoconference with operator: $75/hour
- Theatrical lighting system with operator: $75/hour
- Cleaning charge for events with 50+ people and food/beverage services: $75/event
- Alcoholic beverage administrative surcharge: $75/event
KTOO production services
- Two camera live web streaming with operator: $200 for the first hour; $125 for additional hours
- Full HD video production – 5 cameras, switcher, full digital audio, prompter, intercom system, lighting, production manager and crew: $2,000/half day or $3,500/full day
- Full digital audio production, including digital audio system, microphones, audio engineer: $800/half day or $1,200/full day