The Juneau Police Department says four people are in custody after an open container check in Marine Park turned into a brawl with police officers.
At 1:45 a.m. Saturday, two officers approached a group of six people in the downtown park, according to a police statement. The police asked the four men and two women to leave. The three men and one woman who stayed physically fought with the officers–one man reportedly headbutted an officer and the woman grabbed an officer’s back mid-arrest.
Alcohol was a factor.
Police identified the four people in custody as
- Jack Joseph Paine Jr., 32
- Francois P. Whitman, 32
- Charity J. Berkley, 23
- Corey L. Nashoanak, 30
Their charges include disorderly conduct, resisting/interfering with an officer and assaulting a police officer.
The officers and the four people arrested had minor injuries.
- Southeast Alaska was the area that saw the largest population losses, in part due to deaths.
- President-elect Donald Trump told The Washington Post he's close to unveiling a health care plan he expects Congress to pass soon. But GOP lawmakers are in no hurry to replace the Affordable Care Act.
- Antarctica's Larsen C ice shelf is about to lose an iceberg the size of Delaware. Scientists gathering in the U.K. are scratching their heads about why it's cracking off.
- John McPhee met 32-year-old David Cornberg when the young man went by the name River Wind and was about to travel down the Yukon in an aluminum canoe.