The Juneau Police Department says four people are in custody after an open container check in Marine Park turned into a brawl with police officers.
At 1:45 a.m. Saturday, two officers approached a group of six people in the downtown park, according to a police statement. The police asked the four men and two women to leave. The three men and one woman who stayed physically fought with the officers–one man reportedly headbutted an officer and the woman grabbed an officer’s back mid-arrest.
Alcohol was a factor.
Police identified the four people in custody as
- Jack Joseph Paine Jr., 32
- Francois P. Whitman, 32
- Charity J. Berkley, 23
- Corey L. Nashoanak, 30
Their charges include disorderly conduct, resisting/interfering with an officer and assaulting a police officer.
The officers and the four people arrested had minor injuries.
- During a brief layover Wednesday in Ketchikan on her way to Sitka, Alaska’s Sen. Lisa Murkowski talked about the state’s Republican primary campaign, and about the presidential election.
- More Alaskans are driving electric cars. The same is true for California, Oregon and Washington state. But many people continue to consider the vehicles as too small, difficult to use and no more than a novelty.
- Master Gardener Ed Buyarski reminds us to ventilate our greenhouse, harvest our garlic and raspberries, deadhead any finished flowers, and eradicate all slugs.
- AT&T's announced plans to upgrade the network by summer of 2016 have stalled. And people in Skagway have noticed, as they slog through another summer of cell phone problems.