The Kickstarter-funded series’ latest episode hit the web Sunday night. Here are some highlights:
- Anchor Pat Race interviews a banana republic dictator who says banana production was in decline, so he fixed banana taxes, and now his family works as consultants to banana corporations and he drives a Lamborghini.
- A Pick.Click.Give. spoof cut to footage of the Exxon Valdez oil spill asks Alaska to “let your heart spill over” for Exxon.
- A send up of the ShamWow infomercial featuring Lou Logan with a fauxhawk and headset selling a towel that cleans up oil spill-related court troubles.
- And real U.S. Sen. Mark Begich speaks out against the post-9/11 expansion of intelligence gathering, including “psychically powered pre-cog units.”
Alaska Robotics is a label Pat Race, Aaron Suring and Lou Logan use for their creative projects.
Watch the full episode here:
- Influential tribal leader Ed Thomas received an Honorary Doctorate of Laws from the University of Alaska Southeast on Sunday.
- One animal's dinner plans caused a car crash in Ketchikan.
- You have to cheer as loudly for other teams as you do for your own.
- The Alaska Department of Transportation is planning a $6 million ferry dock refurbishment that would ideally happen this winter. The project would take the dock out of commission for a few months, which DOT says could leave Skagway without marine highway service.