The Kickstarter-funded series’ latest episode hit the web Sunday night. Here are some highlights:
- Anchor Pat Race interviews a banana republic dictator who says banana production was in decline, so he fixed banana taxes, and now his family works as consultants to banana corporations and he drives a Lamborghini.
- A Pick.Click.Give. spoof cut to footage of the Exxon Valdez oil spill asks Alaska to “let your heart spill over” for Exxon.
- A send up of the ShamWow infomercial featuring Lou Logan with a fauxhawk and headset selling a towel that cleans up oil spill-related court troubles.
- And real U.S. Sen. Mark Begich speaks out against the post-9/11 expansion of intelligence gathering, including “psychically powered pre-cog units.”
Alaska Robotics is a label Pat Race, Aaron Suring and Lou Logan use for their creative projects.
Watch the full episode here:
- A damaged traffic light prompted authorities to close lanes of Egan drive until repairs could be made. The light has been fixed.
- The window of a house was shot out in the Auke Bay area Saturday. No one was injured.
- The Walker administration has tasked the Southeast Conference to come up with reform recommendations for the Alaska Marine Highway System.
- At least 50 First Nations and tribes signed a treaty Thursday opposing tar sands expansion plans that they view as "a collective threat to our Nations."