The Kickstarter-funded series’ latest episode hit the web Sunday night. Here are some highlights:
- Anchor Pat Race interviews a banana republic dictator who says banana production was in decline, so he fixed banana taxes, and now his family works as consultants to banana corporations and he drives a Lamborghini.
- A Pick.Click.Give. spoof cut to footage of the Exxon Valdez oil spill asks Alaska to “let your heart spill over” for Exxon.
- A send up of the ShamWow infomercial featuring Lou Logan with a fauxhawk and headset selling a towel that cleans up oil spill-related court troubles.
- And real U.S. Sen. Mark Begich speaks out against the post-9/11 expansion of intelligence gathering, including “psychically powered pre-cog units.”
Alaska Robotics is a label Pat Race, Aaron Suring and Lou Logan use for their creative projects.
Watch the full episode here:
- The mayor of Juneau was found dead in his home Monday afternoon. Greg Fisk, 70, was elected to the city’s top office in October and was sworn in only five weeks ago.
- In a press conference in Paris, Obama said that climate change is probably the hardest kind of problem for politicians to solve, yet despite the hurdles, he's optimistic.
- Alaska health officials say tests have again confirmed that Alaska seafood has not been tainted by the Fukushima nuclear disaster four years ago.
- One researcher is using citizen scientists to map jellyfish blooms around the world.