The Kickstarter-funded series’ latest episode hit the web Sunday night. Here are some highlights:
- Anchor Pat Race interviews a banana republic dictator who says banana production was in decline, so he fixed banana taxes, and now his family works as consultants to banana corporations and he drives a Lamborghini.
- A Pick.Click.Give. spoof cut to footage of the Exxon Valdez oil spill asks Alaska to “let your heart spill over” for Exxon.
- A send up of the ShamWow infomercial featuring Lou Logan with a fauxhawk and headset selling a towel that cleans up oil spill-related court troubles.
- And real U.S. Sen. Mark Begich speaks out against the post-9/11 expansion of intelligence gathering, including “psychically powered pre-cog units.”
Alaska Robotics is a label Pat Race, Aaron Suring and Lou Logan use for their creative projects.
Watch the full episode here:
- The Alaska Marine Highway is taking reservations for October through April sailings. The schedule changed so the Matanuska can get new engines.
- The U.S. Department of Labor says the state ferry system is violating the Family and Medical Leave Act. It's filed a civil complaint in federal court.
- Formerly bankrupt Miller Energy Resources and its subsidiaries want cash-credit payments its owed, frozen until lawsuit is resolved.
- Anchorage Police are searching for five people involved in an assault and kidnapping in East Anchorage. Police say the suspects abducted and beat Abshir Mohammed, 24, on Sunday in a house on the 6500 block of Cimmaron Circle.