The Kickstarter-funded series’ latest episode hit the web Sunday night. Here are some highlights:
- Anchor Pat Race interviews a banana republic dictator who says banana production was in decline, so he fixed banana taxes, and now his family works as consultants to banana corporations and he drives a Lamborghini.
- A Pick.Click.Give. spoof cut to footage of the Exxon Valdez oil spill asks Alaska to “let your heart spill over” for Exxon.
- A send up of the ShamWow infomercial featuring Lou Logan with a fauxhawk and headset selling a towel that cleans up oil spill-related court troubles.
- And real U.S. Sen. Mark Begich speaks out against the post-9/11 expansion of intelligence gathering, including “psychically powered pre-cog units.”
Alaska Robotics is a label Pat Race, Aaron Suring and Lou Logan use for their creative projects.
Watch the full episode here:
- The Juneau Crime Line is offering a reward for tips in a nearly 6-month-old report of an attempted kidnapping.
- After months of mixed signals, Gov. Bill Walker's administration and the state's three current partners - ExxonMobil, BP and ConocoPhillips -- told lawmakers this week that the state will take the lead on the megaproject as soon as this fall.
- Company seeks to shut down state subpoenas in federal court
- Alaska State Troopers are reporting the presence of high levels of Fentanyl in what was suspected heroin seized in Quinhagak.