The Kickstarter-funded series’ latest episode hit the web Sunday night. Here are some highlights:
- Anchor Pat Race interviews a banana republic dictator who says banana production was in decline, so he fixed banana taxes, and now his family works as consultants to banana corporations and he drives a Lamborghini.
- A Pick.Click.Give. spoof cut to footage of the Exxon Valdez oil spill asks Alaska to “let your heart spill over” for Exxon.
- A send up of the ShamWow infomercial featuring Lou Logan with a fauxhawk and headset selling a towel that cleans up oil spill-related court troubles.
- And real U.S. Sen. Mark Begich speaks out against the post-9/11 expansion of intelligence gathering, including “psychically powered pre-cog units.”
Alaska Robotics is a label Pat Race, Aaron Suring and Lou Logan use for their creative projects.
Watch the full episode here:
- Gov. Walker said he was taking responsibility for the cuts so lawmakers won't suffer at the polls. "Any excuses now – it’s just pure politics,” he said.
- Lindemuth said her work on the Fairbanks Four case is among the most meaningful she’s done in her life.
- University budget cuts have forced UAS to lay off staff and rethink which programs to fund.
- According to the report, the pools recover a nearly a third of the more than $1 million it takes to run them.