The Kickstarter-funded series’ latest episode hit the web Sunday night. Here are some highlights:
- Anchor Pat Race interviews a banana republic dictator who says banana production was in decline, so he fixed banana taxes, and now his family works as consultants to banana corporations and he drives a Lamborghini.
- A Pick.Click.Give. spoof cut to footage of the Exxon Valdez oil spill asks Alaska to “let your heart spill over” for Exxon.
- A send up of the ShamWow infomercial featuring Lou Logan with a fauxhawk and headset selling a towel that cleans up oil spill-related court troubles.
- And real U.S. Sen. Mark Begich speaks out against the post-9/11 expansion of intelligence gathering, including “psychically powered pre-cog units.”
Alaska Robotics is a label Pat Race, Aaron Suring and Lou Logan use for their creative projects.
Watch the full episode here:
- The amendment to phase out old-growth logging has been in the works since 2014. It takes effect in 30 days.
- Black carbon, which is produced by burning, can accelerate warming of the atmosphere and melting of glaciers.
- Plans for managing the nation's largest national forest call for changes in timber harvests that one critic says will be "the demise of the timber industry."
- President Obama today issued an executive order creating the “Northern Bering Sea Climate Resilience Area” of 112,300 square miles.