KTOO is recruiting qualified candidates to apply for the position of Programming Manager to join our news and public affairs team as the manager of 360 North, KTOO’s statewide television and online public affairs network. We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in television programming, multimedia production and promotion.
- Manages program acquisition and program schedule development for 360 North
- Develops and produces local programs, series, special event coverage, station breaks and promotional spots
- Represents 360 North and KTOO to partners, clients, program distributors and the public
- Manages brand and schedule promotion for 360 North
- Manages viewer services, on-air fundraising, video sales and audience relations
- Develops daily programming logs and satellite record schedules. Operates complex broadcast and online operations systems, including program automation, network satellite systems, traffic software and digital editing systems
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Experience in programming and production
- Ability to learn, program and operate complex computer systems
- Ability to operate standard broadcast production equipment
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure and work collaboratively with other staff
- Familiarity with broadcast and IT systems specific to CCBI’s stations
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or the equivalent experience in media related fields
KTOO is a well-supported, highly visible public media organization with a strong commitment to local, regional and statewide news reporting and program production. Juneau is a small but cosmopolitan capital city of 32,000 people with some of the highest per capita education and income levels in state. Located in the heart of the Southeast Alaska panhandle, Juneau is a transportation, retail and service hub with great schools, medical facilities and recreational opportunities. The community is safe, attractive and offers abundant outdoor activities, including fishing, boating, skiing, climbing and hiking, in a magnificent natural setting. Two hours from Seattle, Juneau’s climate is more like the Pacific Northwest than Interior Alaska. The weather is wet and mild with summer highs in the 60s and 70s and winter lows in the 30s.
Deadline: Open until filled, with an initial screening on April 4. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Salary: Starting in the low to mid 40s, plus competitive benefits including health insurance, retirement plan, paid leave and holidays.
To apply: Submit a letter of interest and your resume to email@example.com.
KTOO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- AFN got its start in 1966. It focused on land claims for many years. Today, it also works in areas such subsistence, health, education, jobs and governance.
- The legislature that voters send to Juneau in January will be very different than the one that left in July.
- Wielechowski has been in the news this year for filing a lawsuit to keep Permanent Fund dividends whole.
- The Anchorage race between Republican Cathy Giessel and independent Vince Beltrami could help determine the balance of power in the state Senate, and how Alaska takes on its fiscal crisis.