Juneau-based Alaska Robotics published the third of six satirical news shorts on the web Tuesday.
- Rep. Les Gara mixes up personal and state business, blaming the dietary fat substitute Olestra for years of oil and gas issues.
- A fan swoons over the legislature’s youngest member, Rep. Jonathan Kreiss-Tomkins; his new found confidence and maturity are embodied in an epic fake beard.
- In an advertisement selling Capitol legislative proceedings like a monster truck rally, House Speaker Mike Chenault is caricatured as a mechanized tyrannosaurus with flaming exhausts.
Pat Race, Aaron Suring and Lou Logan use Alaska Robotics as a label for their creative projects.
Watch the full episode here:
- Last week a group of scientists traveled to a small village in the Arctic to find as many different species as they could. It was happening all over the country in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the National Park Service.
- Newtok residents still waiting for federal government to pay for their village relocation.
- Hillary Clinton could lose California's primary on June 7 and still win the Democratic nomination, but she and Bernie Sanders are campaigning hard there, hoping to close out the season on a high note.