Juneau-based Alaska Robotics published the third of six satirical news shorts on the web Tuesday.
- Rep. Les Gara mixes up personal and state business, blaming the dietary fat substitute Olestra for years of oil and gas issues.
- A fan swoons over the legislature’s youngest member, Rep. Jonathan Kreiss-Tomkins; his new found confidence and maturity are embodied in an epic fake beard.
- In an advertisement selling Capitol legislative proceedings like a monster truck rally, House Speaker Mike Chenault is caricatured as a mechanized tyrannosaurus with flaming exhausts.
Pat Race, Aaron Suring and Lou Logan use Alaska Robotics as a label for their creative projects.
Watch the full episode here:
- Place seed potatoes into a 6 inch deep trench, just barely cover with soil, and then wait until plants are 3 inches tall before starting the hilling process.
- Chris Orman worked for the City & Borough of Juneau from May 2013 to January 2016 before becoming the assistant DA in Sitka.
- Juneau District Court Judge Keith Levy is retiring October 31 after over 11 years on the bench.
- Video surveillance showed a car ramming the garage door, which was damaged.