Juneau-based Alaska Robotics published the third of six satirical news shorts on the web Tuesday.
- Rep. Les Gara mixes up personal and state business, blaming the dietary fat substitute Olestra for years of oil and gas issues.
- A fan swoons over the legislature’s youngest member, Rep. Jonathan Kreiss-Tomkins; his new found confidence and maturity are embodied in an epic fake beard.
- In an advertisement selling Capitol legislative proceedings like a monster truck rally, House Speaker Mike Chenault is caricatured as a mechanized tyrannosaurus with flaming exhausts.
Pat Race, Aaron Suring and Lou Logan use Alaska Robotics as a label for their creative projects.
Watch the full episode here:
- The Legislature hasn't addressed the capital budget, or other important issues facing the state’s future.
- Search-and-rescue efforts were under way Friday for a 21-year-old Hydaburg man whose empty boat was found floating off Prince of Wales Island on Thursday evening.
- After weeks of deadlock, Washington lawmakers could be close to reaching an agreement in principle on a state budget, House and Senate budget writers said Friday.
- Deadheading wilted blooms or bulging seed pods allows some plants to devote their energy to perpetuation instead of propagation.