Juneau-based Alaska Robotics put out its second of six satirical news shorts on the web Tuesday.
- The cause of the persistent fog that disrupted Juneau flights for more than a week is revealed — flatulence from Alaska Robotics team member Lou Logan.
- Beth Kerttula, the Democratic representative from Juneau who recently resigned to take a position at Stanford University studying ocean policy, delivers a zinger at BP’s expense.
- Gov. Sean Parnell’s 28-minute State of the State Address is boiled down to his 25 uses of the word “strong” and its variants.
- A passive-aggressive correspondent gives an uncomfortable lesson in Alaska Native history to a news anchor desperately trying to find a positive news angle.
Alaska Robotics is a label Pat Race, Aaron Suring and Lou Logan use for their creative projects.
Watch the full episode here:
- Roughly 16,000 pounds of chum spilled onto Egan Drive Monday afternoon. Declared unsafe for consumption, the fish have been destroyed.
- Juneau residents met Sunday to discuss race relations and ways to prevent racial violence.
- The state's Palmer Correctional Facility is slated to close. It's a money-saving measure called for by Gov. Bill Walker.
- Metlakatla Democratic National Convention delegate Gavin Hudson campaigned for Bernie Sanders. But he's in Hillary Clinton's camp now.