Juneau-based Alaska Robotics put out its second of six satirical news shorts on the web Tuesday.
- The cause of the persistent fog that disrupted Juneau flights for more than a week is revealed — flatulence from Alaska Robotics team member Lou Logan.
- Beth Kerttula, the Democratic representative from Juneau who recently resigned to take a position at Stanford University studying ocean policy, delivers a zinger at BP’s expense.
- Gov. Sean Parnell’s 28-minute State of the State Address is boiled down to his 25 uses of the word “strong” and its variants.
- A passive-aggressive correspondent gives an uncomfortable lesson in Alaska Native history to a news anchor desperately trying to find a positive news angle.
Alaska Robotics is a label Pat Race, Aaron Suring and Lou Logan use for their creative projects.
Watch the full episode here:
- Last week a group of scientists traveled to a small village in the Arctic to find as many different species as they could. It was happening all over the country in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the National Park Service.
- Newtok residents still waiting for federal government to pay for their village relocation.
- Hillary Clinton could lose California's primary on June 7 and still win the Democratic nomination, but she and Bernie Sanders are campaigning hard there, hoping to close out the season on a high note.