Juneau-based Alaska Robotics put out its second of six satirical news shorts on the web Tuesday.
- The cause of the persistent fog that disrupted Juneau flights for more than a week is revealed — flatulence from Alaska Robotics team member Lou Logan.
- Beth Kerttula, the Democratic representative from Juneau who recently resigned to take a position at Stanford University studying ocean policy, delivers a zinger at BP’s expense.
- Gov. Sean Parnell’s 28-minute State of the State Address is boiled down to his 25 uses of the word “strong” and its variants.
- A passive-aggressive correspondent gives an uncomfortable lesson in Alaska Native history to a news anchor desperately trying to find a positive news angle.
Alaska Robotics is a label Pat Race, Aaron Suring and Lou Logan use for their creative projects.
Watch the full episode here:
- August 30, 2015- Juneau gardeners showed off their best vegetables, herbs, jams, and garden plots recently at the community garden on Montana Creek Road.
- August 30, 2015- That the court on Friday affirmed a 2011 ruling by the Superior Court that the pipeline was worth $8.9 billion to $9.6 billion during that time.
- August 30, 2015- Four children broke into the Bethel Community Garden Thursday evening. They stole tools and wrecked vegetables that were reaching their peak after the growing season.
- August 28, 2015- Renewable energy, climate change and port development were all highlighted at the U.S. Arctic Research Commission’s second day in Nome, but it was a special announcement about the president’s upcoming visit to Alaska that got the room buzzing.