Juneau-based Alaska Robotics put out its second of six satirical news shorts on the web Tuesday.
- The cause of the persistent fog that disrupted Juneau flights for more than a week is revealed — flatulence from Alaska Robotics team member Lou Logan.
- Beth Kerttula, the Democratic representative from Juneau who recently resigned to take a position at Stanford University studying ocean policy, delivers a zinger at BP’s expense.
- Gov. Sean Parnell’s 28-minute State of the State Address is boiled down to his 25 uses of the word “strong” and its variants.
- A passive-aggressive correspondent gives an uncomfortable lesson in Alaska Native history to a news anchor desperately trying to find a positive news angle.
Alaska Robotics is a label Pat Race, Aaron Suring and Lou Logan use for their creative projects.
Watch the full episode here:
- As stock markets suffer, Alaskans consider UK referendum vote impacts.
- Southeast Alaska Laboratories LLC is the first company to apply for city permit and state license to test marijuana in Juneau.
- Superior Court Judge Frank Pfiffner concluded that the House can’t step in for the Legislative Council in appealing the lawsuit.
- Juneau Community Charter School enrollment levels mean the school won't lose up to $308,000 in funding.