On December 31 at 9 p.m. we will block off the entire wharf for the biggest and best New Years Party you could ever ask for, the 3nd Annual New Year’s Eve Block Party on the Wharf!
- This is a 21+ event
- There’s a small $5 door charge to benefit KXLL Public Radio
- Complimentary Champagne Toast at midnight
- Music and Dancing till bar close
In the Ballroom – All the way from Memphis, the amazing Deering & Down-Official will be performing!
In the Hangar – Our hometown heroes, the FileJerks (Astronomar andShorthand) will be spinning the most amazing dance music, sure to make you sweat!
In the Flight Deck – From Alaskan Scorcher, DJ Taco Todd will be spinning tons of rocksteady jams!
- A dinner Receipt from The Hangar gets you in for Free!
- There will be PIZZA by the slice at Pizzeria Roma all night long.
- Balloon Drop by NightMoods Juneau at the stroke of Midnight!
Let’s Ring In 2014 Together!
- An old growth timber sale recently announced in a Ketchikan newspaper has one conservation group scratching its head. That’s because this type of harvest, near valuable salmon streams, won’t be allowed in the future.
- Ballots are still outstanding from four precincts in District 40: Selawik, Browerville, Anaktuvuk Pass and Ambler.
- Enrolled members of Alaska’s largest tribal government are getting enhanced photo IDs. They can be used for border crossings and some other situations where official identification is necessary.
- Juneau police are looking for 25-year-old Micah Nelson of Juneau in connection with several recent reckless driving incidents and a hit and run.