On December 31 at 9 p.m. we will block off the entire wharf for the biggest and best New Years Party you could ever ask for, the 3nd Annual New Year’s Eve Block Party on the Wharf!
- This is a 21+ event
- There’s a small $5 door charge to benefit KXLL Public Radio
- Complimentary Champagne Toast at midnight
- Music and Dancing till bar close
In the Ballroom – All the way from Memphis, the amazing Deering & Down-Official will be performing!
In the Hangar – Our hometown heroes, the FileJerks (Astronomar andShorthand) will be spinning the most amazing dance music, sure to make you sweat!
In the Flight Deck – From Alaskan Scorcher, DJ Taco Todd will be spinning tons of rocksteady jams!
- A dinner Receipt from The Hangar gets you in for Free!
- There will be PIZZA by the slice at Pizzeria Roma all night long.
- Balloon Drop by NightMoods Juneau at the stroke of Midnight!
Let’s Ring In 2014 Together!
- Lawmakers who represent areas outside Juneau receive $295 for each day of the special session. Juneau lawmakers receive $221.25 per day.
- Sixteen veterans of the Alaska Territorial Guard will be honored at a discharge ceremony today. Four of them are from Western Alaska.
- The historic houses in Juneau and Douglas were predominately built by miners and fishermen long before today's zoning was put into place. That's prevented homeowners from restoring or rebuilding homes in these neighborhoods without running into conflict with the city's zoning laws -- a temporary fix may be on the way.
- Alaska U.S. Rep. Don Young wants to know why Americans are still fighting in Afghanistan. He has co-sponsored a bill that would end funding for the war in a year, unless the president and Congress affirm the need for it.