On December 31 at 9 p.m. we will block off the entire wharf for the biggest and best New Years Party you could ever ask for, the 3nd Annual New Year’s Eve Block Party on the Wharf!
- This is a 21+ event
- There’s a small $5 door charge to benefit KXLL Public Radio
- Complimentary Champagne Toast at midnight
- Music and Dancing till bar close
In the Ballroom – All the way from Memphis, the amazing Deering & Down-Official will be performing!
In the Hangar – Our hometown heroes, the FileJerks (Astronomar andShorthand) will be spinning the most amazing dance music, sure to make you sweat!
In the Flight Deck – From Alaskan Scorcher, DJ Taco Todd will be spinning tons of rocksteady jams!
- A dinner Receipt from The Hangar gets you in for Free!
- There will be PIZZA by the slice at Pizzeria Roma all night long.
- Balloon Drop by NightMoods Juneau at the stroke of Midnight!
Let’s Ring In 2014 Together!
- The pilot has not been identified. The Coast Guard says initial reports are that the pilot is responsive, but has chest pains.
- Sealaska just released its 2015 annual report, which illustrates its financial ups and downs. They affect more than 22,000 shareholders, who receive dividends twice a year.
- Juneau Bar Association asks Gov. Walker to consider geographic diversity before making his selection.
- Many of Alaska’s rural schools are not working. Low student performance and high teacher turnover are just two of more obvious indicators of problems in these mostly Native school districts. Those working in the schools say it’s time for radical changes.