On December 31 at 9 p.m. we will block off the entire wharf for the biggest and best New Years Party you could ever ask for, the 3nd Annual New Year’s Eve Block Party on the Wharf!
- This is a 21+ event
- There’s a small $5 door charge to benefit KXLL Public Radio
- Complimentary Champagne Toast at midnight
- Music and Dancing till bar close
In the Ballroom – All the way from Memphis, the amazing Deering & Down-Official will be performing!
In the Hangar – Our hometown heroes, the FileJerks (Astronomar andShorthand) will be spinning the most amazing dance music, sure to make you sweat!
In the Flight Deck – From Alaskan Scorcher, DJ Taco Todd will be spinning tons of rocksteady jams!
- A dinner Receipt from The Hangar gets you in for Free!
- There will be PIZZA by the slice at Pizzeria Roma all night long.
- Balloon Drop by NightMoods Juneau at the stroke of Midnight!
Let’s Ring In 2014 Together!
- The Central Council of Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska has a new target date for opening its cultural immersion park at the old Thane Ore House. Last year, Central Council officials had hoped it would open this summer. Now, they’re shooting for 2018, after the Juneau Assembly approved a 1.2-acre land lease making it possible Monday evening.
- William Quayle, Jr. is running for the District 1 Juneau Assembly seat. The municipal election is Oct. 4.
- Winds of that speed can uproot trees, knock branches down and damage property, including vessels and aircraft moored and tied down outdoors.
- The aurora borealis, more commonly known as the Northern Lights, were visible in much of Southeast Alaska late Wednesday and early Thursday. Share your Northern Lights photos with us.