On December 31 at 9 p.m. we will block off the entire wharf for the biggest and best New Years Party you could ever ask for, the 3nd Annual New Year’s Eve Block Party on the Wharf!
- This is a 21+ event
- There’s a small $5 door charge to benefit KXLL Public Radio
- Complimentary Champagne Toast at midnight
- Music and Dancing till bar close
In the Ballroom – All the way from Memphis, the amazing Deering & Down-Official will be performing!
In the Hangar – Our hometown heroes, the FileJerks (Astronomar andShorthand) will be spinning the most amazing dance music, sure to make you sweat!
In the Flight Deck – From Alaskan Scorcher, DJ Taco Todd will be spinning tons of rocksteady jams!
- A dinner Receipt from The Hangar gets you in for Free!
- There will be PIZZA by the slice at Pizzeria Roma all night long.
- Balloon Drop by NightMoods Juneau at the stroke of Midnight!
Let’s Ring In 2014 Together!
- Alaskans for Life protest the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision every year. 'Women's March on Juneau' organizers said they chose to protest to show solidarity with other women's marches, like the 'Women's March on Washington.'
- As the Legislature looks to close a nearly $3 billion gap between state spending and revenue, Southeast lawmakers say school funding shouldn’t be cut further.
- Forty JPD officers would be equipped with body cameras that would be funded by matching grants from CBJ Assembly and U.S. Department of Justice.
- The new White House took action on four measures Friday night, notably on the Affordable Care Act and regulations. The White House did not immediately make it clear what exactly was signed.