– Series Begins Tuesday at 8 p.m. – Series Begins Tuesday at 8 p.m. – This new series from the Cold Climate Housing Research Center, helps homeowners save energy and money through building, maintaining or retrofitting their homes.
- The Republican presidential nominee faced a day of harsh criticism from across the political spectrum for appearing to urge Russia to hack his Democratic rival's email.
- The Ketchikan School Board approved a new policy Wednesday establishing programs to help reduce child abuse and sexual assault. There was no discussion before the unanimous roll-call vote in favor of the policy, which calls for age-appropriate information for students in all grade levels to teach about appropriate conduct, and resources available for students.
- The United Fishermen of Alaska is working on a project to figure out what issues the salmon fleet is concerned about – and how to reach them.
- In its most recent draft, the Juneau Assembly added gender expression as a protected class in its proposed Equal Rights Ordinance.