– Wednesday at 9 p.m. – This film is a combination documentary and theatrical play about the final two days Henry David Thoreau spent in his cabin before leaving Walden Pond. The documentary, which bookends the play, is a look at the life of Henry David Thoreau and filmed at Walden Pond at the actual cabin site in the woods. The two-act, four character play dramatizes conversations between Thoreau and Ralph Waldo Emerson as Thoreau was packing up to leave Walden Pond. The play also explores the roles we play in the protection of the earth, while challenging the audience to live more simply, and preserve the natural environments of their home communities. Folksinger Michael Johnathon, host of WOODSONGS, wrote the play and is the host of the documentary portions of the program.
- The creator of the Facebook page the Juneau Community Collective is running for public office and that created a problem. He had to figure out how to continue moderating political comments on the page without falling into a conflict of interest.
- Dean Westlake appears to have beaten Rep. Benjamin Nageak in the Democratic House primary for District 40.
- A small plane made an emergency landing into the Mendenhall Wetlands State Game Refuge Friday after losing power.
- The Juneau Crime Line is offering a reward for tips in a nearly 6-month-old report of an attempted kidnapping.