– Coming Wednesday September 4 at 8 p.m. – This film investigates the parallel stories of collapsing Pacific salmon populations and how biologists and engineers engage in audacious experiments to shore up their numbers. Each of our efforts to save salmon has involved replacing their natural cycle of reproduction and death with a radically manipulated life history. Our once great runs of salmon are now conceived in laboratories, raised in tanks, driven in trucks and farmed in pens. The program goes beyond the ongoing debate over how to save an endangered species. In its exposure of a wildly creative, hopelessly complex and stunningly expensive approach to managing salmon, the film explores possible paths to salmon recovery.
- Anchorage-based singer-songwriter Sophia Street and James Goodreau dropped into KTOO’s arts room to play a Red Carpet Concert.
- If you’ve ever wanted to feed a snow leopard, a moose, or a pack of wolves, this year you’ve got a chance. Albeit, for a tidy sum.
- The transition started early in the Obama administration. There could be at least three more presidents before it becomes a full reality.
- Petersburg Police have apprehended an inmate who escaped from the Petersburg jail Friday morning.