– Wednesday at 9 p.m. – This hour-long documentary relates the remarkable history of Mammoth Cave National Park. These are tales of exploration and discovery beginning with pre-historic Native Americans thousands of years ago. Why were these people willing to brave the darkness with only cane reed torches and woven slippers? Why did African-American slave […]
- A whale-watching tour saw more than just whales Wednesday, after helping save a deer from drowning in the ocean.
- Equatorial Pacific Ocean finally shows signs of cooling, but the Gulf of Alaska and Bering Sea are still extremely warm. Latest research indicates both phenomenon helped with each other's formation between 2013 and 2015.
- The updated geochemical atlas was an outgrowth of another project. Geologists and surveyors were on a mission to find rare earth elements and minerals that could be strategically important to the country.
- During a brief layover Wednesday in Ketchikan on her way to Sitka, Alaska’s Sen. Lisa Murkowski talked about the state’s Republican primary campaign, and about the presidential election.