– Wednesday at 9 p.m. – This hour-long documentary relates the remarkable history of Mammoth Cave National Park. These are tales of exploration and discovery beginning with pre-historic Native Americans thousands of years ago. Why were these people willing to brave the darkness with only cane reed torches and woven slippers? Why did African-American slave […]
- Southeast Alaska was the area that saw the largest population losses, in part due to deaths.
- President-elect Donald Trump told The Washington Post he's close to unveiling a health care plan he expects Congress to pass soon. But GOP lawmakers are in no hurry to replace the Affordable Care Act.
- Antarctica's Larsen C ice shelf is about to lose an iceberg the size of Delaware. Scientists gathering in the U.K. are scratching their heads about why it's cracking off.
- John McPhee met 32-year-old David Cornberg when the young man went by the name River Wind and was about to travel down the Yukon in an aluminum canoe.