– Tuesday at 9 p.m. on 360 North – Kemosabe? Loincloths, fringed pants, and feather headdresses? Heap big stereotypes. Reel Injun is an entertaining trip through the evolution of North American Native people (“The Indians”) as portrayed in famous Hollywood movies, from the silent era to today. Jim Jarmusch, Clint Eastwood, Graham Greene, John Trudell and others provide insights into the often demeaning and occasionally hilariously absurd stereotypes perpetuated on the big screen through Hollywood’s history.
- October 5, 2015- The new Mendenhall Valley Library held a soft opening Monday, Oct. 5.
- - Juneau firefighters remembered those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty.
- - The skull belonged to a female Native American at least 40 years of age and likely dates to before the 1700s.
- October 4, 2015- Crayfish are originally from the Pacific Northwest and as with many invasive species, it’s anyone’s guess how they got to Kodiak.