– Tuesday at 9 p.m. on 360 North – Kemosabe? Loincloths, fringed pants, and feather headdresses? Heap big stereotypes. Reel Injun is an entertaining trip through the evolution of North American Native people (“The Indians”) as portrayed in famous Hollywood movies, from the silent era to today. Jim Jarmusch, Clint Eastwood, Graham Greene, John Trudell and others provide insights into the often demeaning and occasionally hilariously absurd stereotypes perpetuated on the big screen through Hollywood’s history.
- Authorities re-routed traffic on Egan drive for a half hour after a two-vehicle collision Saturday.
- A French ship docked in Unalaska is bound for Nome, where the crew will lay fiber optic cable.
- Columbia Ferry breaks down and strands tourists in Petersburg.
- Gov. Bill Walker has signed legislation he says will provide more timber for Alaska’s mills. But it probably won’t be that much of an increase.