– Tuesday at 9 p.m. on 360 North – Kemosabe? Loincloths, fringed pants, and feather headdresses? Heap big stereotypes. Reel Injun is an entertaining trip through the evolution of North American Native people (“The Indians”) as portrayed in famous Hollywood movies, from the silent era to today. Jim Jarmusch, Clint Eastwood, Graham Greene, John Trudell and others provide insights into the often demeaning and occasionally hilariously absurd stereotypes perpetuated on the big screen through Hollywood’s history.
- Lindemuth said her work on the Fairbanks Four case is among the most meaningful she’s done in her life.
- University budget cuts have forced UAS to lay off staff and rethink which programs to fund.
- According to the report, the pools recover a nearly a third of the more than $1 million it takes to run them.
- While the EIA baseline case shows Alaska contributing almost nothing to U.S. oil production in a few decades, that’s not the only scenario.