– Tuesday at 9 p.m. on 360 North – Kemosabe? Loincloths, fringed pants, and feather headdresses? Heap big stereotypes. Reel Injun is an entertaining trip through the evolution of North American Native people (“The Indians”) as portrayed in famous Hollywood movies, from the silent era to today. Jim Jarmusch, Clint Eastwood, Graham Greene, John Trudell and others provide insights into the often demeaning and occasionally hilariously absurd stereotypes perpetuated on the big screen through Hollywood’s history.
- A damaged traffic light prompted authorities to close lanes of Egan drive until repairs could be made. The light has been fixed.
- The window of a house was shot out in the Auke Bay area Saturday. No one was injured.
- The Walker administration has tasked the Southeast Conference to come up with reform recommendations for the Alaska Marine Highway System.
- At least 50 First Nations and tribes signed a treaty Thursday opposing tar sands expansion plans that they view as "a collective threat to our Nations."