– Tuesday at 9 p.m. on 360 North – Kemosabe? Loincloths, fringed pants, and feather headdresses? Heap big stereotypes. Reel Injun is an entertaining trip through the evolution of North American Native people (“The Indians”) as portrayed in famous Hollywood movies, from the silent era to today. Jim Jarmusch, Clint Eastwood, Graham Greene, John Trudell and others provide insights into the often demeaning and occasionally hilariously absurd stereotypes perpetuated on the big screen through Hollywood’s history.
- August 28, 2015- Renewable energy, climate change and port development were all highlighted at the U.S. Arctic Research Commission’s second day in Nome, but it was a special announcement about the president’s upcoming visit to Alaska that got the room buzzing.
- August 28, 2015- Details are finally shaking out about Obama’s Alaska visit. The White House says the president will announce new policy initiatives while he’s here.
- August 28, 2015- "They sprayed every one of our hair and clothes with kerosene. At sixth grade I dropped out," says Nora Marks Dauenhauer.
- August 28, 2015- British Columbia Mines Minister Bill Bennett says tailings dams can be a safe part of his province's mines.