– Wednesday at 8 p.m. – Travel in time with us as we follow the adventures of our counterparts 100 years ago through rare, restored old film, museum pictures, and historical memorabilia. See how eastern city slickers were lured to north central Montana by a glitzy promotional campaign promoted by the Great Northern Railroad.
- Gov. Bill Walker has signed legislation he says will provide more timber for Alaska’s mills. But it probably won’t be that much of an increase.
- The state department of Health and Social Services announced the first known case of the Zika virus in the state July 22, belonging to a patient treated at SEARHC’s Mt. Edgcumbe Hospital in Sitka.
- Bristol Bay is home to the largest sockeye salmon fishery in the world. The 2 billionth salmon was landed sometime, by someone, on July 6, 2016.
- The Alaska Supreme Court overturned the state’s parental notification law for minors who are seeking abortions.