– Friday at 9 p.m. – In April 2003 wildlife biologist Karsten Heuer and his filmmaker wife, Leanne Allison, set off on a trek of epic proportions. For five months they skied and walked alongside the 123,000-member Porcupine Caribou Herd from their Yukon winter range to Alaskan calving grounds and back. The couple’s mission? […]
Read original article
- Juneau School District officials believe they can help kids struggling in the classroom by adopting a strategy that monitors their performances over time.
- Canadian timber company refuses to do business in Haines after the Haines Borough demanded the company pay a sales tax.
- Homeless shelters are being filled beyond capacity as more people get pushed out of homeless camps towards social services.
- Authorities re-routed traffic on Egan drive for a half hour after a two-vehicle collision Saturday.