– Friday at 9 p.m. – In April 2003 wildlife biologist Karsten Heuer and his filmmaker wife, Leanne Allison, set off on a trek of epic proportions. For five months they skied and walked alongside the 123,000-member Porcupine Caribou Herd from their Yukon winter range to Alaskan calving grounds and back. The couple’s mission? […]
Read original article
- A man who was shot by a Juneau police officer was medevaced to Seattle and is expected to live. The police, the Department of Law and the Alaska Bureau of Investigation are trying to determine why lethal force was used.
- Sitka fishermen volunteer to audit how much fuel they're using in hopes of cutting expenses and boosting profits.
- A 38-year-old Juneau man injured in an officer-involved shooting early Saturday on Ocean View Drive has been medevaced to Seattle.
- Juneau police reported five people injured in a four-vehicle accident on Egan Drive at Fred Meyer.