– Friday at 9 p.m. – In April 2003 wildlife biologist Karsten Heuer and his filmmaker wife, Leanne Allison, set off on a trek of epic proportions. For five months they skied and walked alongside the 123,000-member Porcupine Caribou Herd from their Yukon winter range to Alaskan calving grounds and back. The couple’s mission? […]
Read original article
- But the Alaska Trucking Association supports a similar increase on fuel for cars and trucks.
- Another marijuana grow facility is scheduled to go before the Juneau Planning Commission on Tuesday. If approved, it would add to the growing number of licensed cultivators in the capital city.
- There is just under a thousand tons of herring left to catch in the Sitka sac roe herring fishery after the last opening on Saturday.
- "Suddenly everything turned white," one student told local media. A mountaineering training exercise had drawn students and teachers from high schools across the region.