– Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 9 p.m. – Although Edgar Payne was chiefly self taught, he became one of America’s most significant painters in the early 20th century. A California impressionist, Payne created masterpieces using his innate talents and his love for the natural environment. Best known for his depictions of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Payne also […]
Read original article
- Young says he sympathizes with the 9/11 victims, but says the law allowing them to sue Saudi Arabia threatens national security and the safety of Americans deployed abroad.
- About 4,500 acres of heavily-logged forest will return to wilderness under a deal involving the federal government and a Southeast Alaska Native corporation.
- Andy Larson, 79, and Matthew Hanes, 32, hoisted from S/V Rafiki about 170 miles south of Sand Point early Wednesday.
- The company that sent the first big luxury cruise ship through U.S. and Canadian Arctic waters is preparing the Crystal Serenity for a repeat performance in 2017. But one expert believes this year’s historic transit doesn’t mean the Arctic is likely to become a hotspot for global shipping anytime soon.