– Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 9 p.m. – Although Edgar Payne was chiefly self taught, he became one of America’s most significant painters in the early 20th century. A California impressionist, Payne created masterpieces using his innate talents and his love for the natural environment. Best known for his depictions of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Payne also […]
Read original article
- The pilot was alone, flying a small aircraft, according to the troopers.
- The Census Bureau designates languages for translation based on its estimates for speakers who have limited English proficiency.
- “The world has lost another luminary.” That’s how the Sealaska Heritage Institute began a message announcing the death of Clarissa Rizal at age 60.
- An Alaskan has joined President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team. The Trump team has selected former state senator Jerry Ward as its liaison to the 500-plus federally recognized tribes.