– Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 9 p.m. – Although Edgar Payne was chiefly self taught, he became one of America’s most significant painters in the early 20th century. A California impressionist, Payne created masterpieces using his innate talents and his love for the natural environment. Best known for his depictions of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Payne also […]
Read original article
- Senate President Pete Kelly said he plans to hold votes on the nominees before the legislative session ends.
- Trump's plans to consider scaling back national monuments likely won’t affect Alaska, but the president still gave a shout out to the state in his speech.
- By the end of the century, researchers predict climate change could displace millions of people across the country. As policymakers start to grapple with that reality, there's a specific phrase making the rounds: "managed retreat."
- The U.S. Coast Guard has cleaned up controversial graffiti that was found spray-painted on a World War II bunker in Unalaska last month.