– Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 9 p.m. – Although Edgar Payne was chiefly self taught, he became one of America’s most significant painters in the early 20th century. A California impressionist, Payne created masterpieces using his innate talents and his love for the natural environment. Best known for his depictions of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Payne also […]
Read original article
- Nicholas Meyer, a Coast Guard Sector Juneau command duty officer said rescue crews searched more than 180 square miles to find Charles.
- University of Fairbanks Ph.D. Candidate Maggie Chan wants to know how and why the fishing charter industry is changing in Southeast and Southcentral Alaska.
- In 2016, the birds were coming later than expected, and their bills weren’t fully orange. Douglas doubts that these latecomers, who lay a single egg per season, could breed successfully.
- Between twin bombings at a Parachinar market, a car bombing near a police office in Quetta and a shooting in Karachi, Pakistan is reeling from attacks claimed by several extremist groups.