– Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 9 p.m. – Although Edgar Payne was chiefly self taught, he became one of America’s most significant painters in the early 20th century. A California impressionist, Payne created masterpieces using his innate talents and his love for the natural environment. Best known for his depictions of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Payne also […]
Read original article
- Juneau’s Gunakadeit Park getting ready to be torn down. The park will serve as the staging area for the larger demolition of the Gastineau Apartments.
- Turkey said the plane violated its airspace and that it had issued 10 warnings before firing. Russian President Vladimir Putin said the downing was a "stab in the back by the terrorists' accomplices."
- One doesn’t usually associate “state gasline corporation” and “drama” — but this weekend, the state-owned Alaska Gasline Development Corporation was the source of all kinds of drama.
- This season's pink salmon were slightly bigger, but southern Panhandle runs fizzled.