– Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 8 p.m. on 360 North – Clash: Encounters of Bears and Wolves
What happens when two great predators come face to face in Yellowstone? The grizzly and the wolf. They couldn’t be more different. The bear is a loner, ranging far and wide in search of a rich variety of resources. The wolf hunts to survive and finds its strength in speed and teamwork. Their strategies have taken them to the very top of Yellowstone, and it’s no simple matter when they meet. In every encounter, the opposition must be measured, strengths must be tested, and risks must be carefully weighed. Each time, one of them will have a tactical advantage — but which one, and when? What emerges as each scene unfolds, is the keen awareness that runs through all of Yellowstone. Elk and eagle, coyote and raven, otter and owl, every creature must assess, decide, and act. To fight or to flee? It’s all in knowing your own strengths and limitations in the heat of the moment in Yellowstone.
Watch on 360 North or stream it live at www.360north.org
- October 7, 2015- The state will idle the Taku, Fairweather and Chenega next summer, and the ferry Malaspina will only operate during May.
- October 7, 2015- Bystander Cate Ross and a friend were sitting on the deck outside The Hangar on the Wharf when she heard a splash.
- October 6, 2015- Jason Hart and Jeff Redmond lost their bids for Juneau School Board to incumbent Andi Story, and newcomers Josh Keaton and Emil Mackey in Tuesday’s election.
- October 6, 2015- The new mayor was the only change to the Juneau Assembly to come out of the elections. Assemblymen Loren Jones and Jerry Nankervis will both retain their seats for second terms.