– Friday at 8:00 pm – Join UAS Assistant Professor of History, Ernestine Hayes, for this address which she delivered to the 2012 Association for the Study of Literature and the Environment Conference and the International Polar Year gathering. Hayes presents the recent history of Lingit Aani and examines its relevance to current circumstances from […]
Read original article
- At least 50 First Nations and tribes signed a treaty Thursday opposing tar sands expansion plans that they view as "a collective threat to our Nations."
- This arrest comes just a week after Adams was sentenced to time served, and what amounted to 10 years of probation for criminally negligent homicide connected to a 2013 fire that killed three people in the village of Nunam Iqua.
- "It is not how we wanted this response to go. It's absolutely heartbreaking when these events result in a loss of life," said Anchorage Police Chief Chris Tolley.
- The Department of Natural Resources has approved the latest development plan for Prudhoe Bay, ending a stand-off that raised fears the Walker administration was threatening the leases at the site -- potentially disrupting production at the state's largest oil field.