– Wednesday at 8:00 – Captain Dave Shoemaker’s account of the crisis on the F/V Galaxy ranks as one of the great stories of sea survival. No one knew of the plight of his vessel, near the Pribilof Islands north of the Aleutian Chain. Even if they did know, rescue units were hours away. Their […]
Read original article
- Gov. Bill Walker has signed legislation he says will provide more timber for Alaska’s mills. But it probably won’t be that much of an increase.
- The state department of Health and Social Services announced the first known case of the Zika virus in the state July 22, belonging to a patient treated at SEARHC’s Mt. Edgcumbe Hospital in Sitka.
- Bristol Bay is home to the largest sockeye salmon fishery in the world. The 2 billionth salmon was landed sometime, by someone, on July 6, 2016.
- The Alaska Supreme Court overturned the state’s parental notification law for minors who are seeking abortions.