– Friday at 8:00 pm – Alice Rogoff organized and led The Arctic Imperative Summit, the first-ever international policy gathering in Alaska focused on the issues and opportunities presented by the melting sea ice. More than 250 decision-makers from the policy and business communities contributed to a productive series of discussions on the Arctic. On […]
Read original article
- October 9, 2015- The Haines Highway is blocked because of mudslides this afternoon after a couple days of heavy rainfall. According to highway residents, there are four slides between 18 and 21 mile that have made the road impassable.
- October 9, 2015- With just two weeks to go before the special session, state lawmakers have yet to see the natural gas legislation they’ll be discussing – Gov. Bill Walker hasn’t released it.
- October 9, 2015- “I mean I’m not deaf, so I realize it’s pretty funny to listen to," said Mary Maley. "I'm kind of famous as a tour guide for being sort of loud, yelling over engines and having the ability to do that on tour."
- - Anna Lance, 17, says most of the poems she submitted for the competition are about loving Alaska yet wanting to leave.