– Friday at 8:00 pm – Alice Rogoff organized and led The Arctic Imperative Summit, the first-ever international policy gathering in Alaska focused on the issues and opportunities presented by the melting sea ice. More than 250 decision-makers from the policy and business communities contributed to a productive series of discussions on the Arctic. On […]
Read original article
- Mayor Greg Fisk was found dead at his home on Kennedy Street earlier this afternoon.
- As a child in Iran, Parisa Elahian was told by school officials she wasn’t equal with other children. "They called us dirty, so they had to separate us from the other kids, so I was in the corner of the class," Elahian said.
- This weekend, crowds showed up in the pouring rain to do their holiday shopping at Juneau’s Public Market, but it wasn’t the only place in town to buy local goods.
- Southeast Alaska biologists had a rare opportunity to watch the hatching of thousands of market squid eggs.