– Friday at 8:00 pm – Alice Rogoff organized and led The Arctic Imperative Summit, the first-ever international policy gathering in Alaska focused on the issues and opportunities presented by the melting sea ice. More than 250 decision-makers from the policy and business communities contributed to a productive series of discussions on the Arctic. On […]
Read original article
- Juneau Bar Association asks Gov. Walker to consider geographic diversity before making his selection.
- Many of Alaska’s rural schools are not working. Low student performance and high teacher turnover are just two of more obvious indicators of problems in these mostly Native school districts. Those working in the schools say it’s time for radical changes.
- The festival sold out in record time this year.
- Inuit leaders and organizations from Canada have been lobbying the U.S. for the last year. Polar bear sport hunting is an important industry to the Inuit economy.