– Friday at 8:00 pm – Alice Rogoff organized and led The Arctic Imperative Summit, the first-ever international policy gathering in Alaska focused on the issues and opportunities presented by the melting sea ice. More than 250 decision-makers from the policy and business communities contributed to a productive series of discussions on the Arctic. On […]
Read original article
- The Juneau Assembly voted 6-3 to reaffirm its commitment to combating climate change. Opponents argued against interjecting into a national debate.
- The Utah man accused of killing his wife aboard a cruise ship in Southeast Alaska is scheduled to appear for an arraignment hearing 10 a.m. Wednesday.
- More than 50 pilots and flight attendants picketed Monday afternoon in front of Ted Stevens International Airport in Anchorage. Their goal was to call on Alaska Airlines management to give them what they view as fairer wages and benefits.
- Alaska Gov. Bill Walker said being unaffiliated has helped him and Lt. Gov. Byron Mallott work on issues without concern about party politics.