– Friday at 9:00 – West Virginia Public Broadcasting producer Chip Hitchcock follows a West Virginia Military Police battalion as it helps to transform the Iraqi police from a force that once served a brutal dictator into one that serves the people and the law.
Read original article
- Margaret Stock says if she is elected to office, she’ll be ‘all work and no party.’ No party as in no political affiliation and the distractions, she says, that come with it. Stock is an independent candidate for the US Senate seat currently occupied by Lisa Murkowski. She made a campaign stop in Haines in early October. Stock thinks her status as an independent will be one of her strongest assets if elected senator.
- The three-day convention in Fairbanks will open with a healing ceremony from the Alaska Suicide Prevention Council.
- To continue permitting AK LNG project, state must negotiate with producers for control of the land.
- The first of two public meetings is Wednesday night at 6 p.m., at the Assembly Chambers.