– Wednesday at 8:00 – Watch the award winning feature-length film documentary about the Alaska Baseball League. Touching the Game Alaska looks at the history and major-league greats that once played in the 49th state and goes on the road with modern day players to explore the Alaska League today.
Read original article
- Juneau’s Gunakadeit Park getting ready to be torn down. The park will serve as the staging area for the larger demolition of the Gastineau Apartments.
- Turkey said the plane violated its airspace and that it had issued 10 warnings before firing. Russian President Vladimir Putin said the downing was a "stab in the back by the terrorists' accomplices."
- One doesn’t usually associate “state gasline corporation” and “drama” — but this weekend, the state-owned Alaska Gasline Development Corporation was the source of all kinds of drama.
- This season's pink salmon were slightly bigger, but southern Panhandle runs fizzled.