– Wednesday at 8:00 – Watch the award winning feature-length film documentary about the Alaska Baseball League. Touching the Game Alaska looks at the history and major-league greats that once played in the 49th state and goes on the road with modern day players to explore the Alaska League today.
Read original article
- U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan visited Homer for a meet-and-greet last week, one of the few opportunities the general public of Southcentral Alaska had to confront the senator during the two-week Congressional recess that just ended.
- Anchorage Police Chief Chris Tolley announced he’s stepping down at a news conference Monday inside the Anchorage Police Department’s headquarters.
- Two 13-year-old boys were charged in a fire at Twin Lakes, which is being investigated as arson. The boys were located, interviewed and lodged at the Johnson Youth, according to a Juneau Police Department news release.
- The Juneau Assembly has ponied up another $1.2 million for the Housing First project. The 32-unit apartment complex and clinic is designed to serve Juneau's most vulnerable residents, many of them homeless