– Sunday at 7:00 p.m. – This documentary gives us a peek at a day in the life of Coast Guardsmen at Motor Lifeboat Station Golden Gate in San Francisco, the West Coast’s busiest search-and-rescue station. Experience 20-foot swells on a Coast Guard surfboat and meet the people who protect and save mariners off of the California coast.
Read original article
- The 750-mile Race to Alaska is back for a second year as 43 teams of sailors, rowers and paddlers prepared to set off from Port Townsend, Washington at 6 a.m. on Thursday.
- Hydrokinetic technology developed in Alaska’s rigorous conditions will help researchers design systems that can be used worldwide.
- Ketchikan’s Britta Adams braved the cold ocean and strong tides recently to swim more than 10 miles of the rocky Wrangell Narrows.
- As stock markets suffer, Alaskans consider UK referendum vote impacts.