– Sunday at 7:00 p.m. – This documentary gives us a peek at a day in the life of Coast Guardsmen at Motor Lifeboat Station Golden Gate in San Francisco, the West Coast’s busiest search-and-rescue station. Experience 20-foot swells on a Coast Guard surfboat and meet the people who protect and save mariners off of the California coast.
Read original article
- One initiative would require insurers to cover people with pre-existing conditions. It also would allow parents to cover their children until they turn 26.
- President Trump hasn't mentioned it as he's defended the memorabilia over the past week, but historians say the statues were originally built to send a clear message to black Americans.
- Thousands of counterprotesters gathered in Boston Common to meet the rally participants, who said they have no connection to those who perpetrated violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, last week.
- Eleven states are in the path of total darkness. Follow the astronomical phenomenon's journey across America along with NPR journalists and others experiencing the eclipse.