– Sunday at 7:00 p.m. – This documentary gives us a peek at a day in the life of Coast Guardsmen at Motor Lifeboat Station Golden Gate in San Francisco, the West Coast’s busiest search-and-rescue station. Experience 20-foot swells on a Coast Guard surfboat and meet the people who protect and save mariners off of the California coast.
Read original article
- September 3, 2015- "I say bravo for the trapper. The state won’t do what’s right. He should do what’s right," says Pete Buist, spokesman for the Alaska Trappers Association.
- September 3, 2015- On Twitter, over email lists, and in wry internal reports, journalists complained about a lack of legitimate opportunities to question the administration’s policies.
- September 3, 2015- As a regional hub for 10 remote villages about 30 miles above the Arctic Circle, Kotzebue is where Obama came closest to actually seeing the communities he’s touted throughout his trip as being imperiled by climate change.
- September 3, 2015- Alaskans of all stripes came out this week for a chance to shake hands with President Barack Obama, or at least glimpse his motorcade, but one person not on hand for the big visit was Don Young, Alaska’s only member of the U.S. House of representatives.