– Wednesday at 8:00 pm – He was convinced he’d discovered a novel philosophy – inspired by the history of Alaska, and centered around the concept of “the commons” that could show us how to balance development with preservation, satisfy our need for energy, and, he believed, even overcome poverty itself. Watch this interesting independent […]
Read original article
- About 4,500 acres of heavily-logged forest will return to wilderness under a deal involving the federal government and a Southeast Alaska Native corporation.
- Andy Larson, 79, and Matthew Hanes, 32, hoisted from S/V Rafiki about 170 miles south of Sand Point early Wednesday.
- The company that sent the first big luxury cruise ship through U.S. and Canadian Arctic waters is preparing the Crystal Serenity for a repeat performance in 2017. But one expert believes this year’s historic transit doesn’t mean the Arctic is likely to become a hotspot for global shipping anytime soon.
- Federal fisheries oversight required in some busy Alaska salmon fisheries