– Wednesday at 8:00 pm – He was convinced he’d discovered a novel philosophy – inspired by the history of Alaska, and centered around the concept of “the commons” that could show us how to balance development with preservation, satisfy our need for energy, and, he believed, even overcome poverty itself. Watch this interesting independent […]
Read original article
- A street in Juneau is a popular locale for residents and tourists alike. South Franklin Street particularly is home to several bars, shops and a rich history. But some wonder how that street got its name.
- Senate President Pete Kelly said he plans to hold votes on the nominees before the legislative session ends.
- Trump's plans to consider scaling back national monuments likely won’t affect Alaska, but the president still gave a shout out to the state in his speech.
- By the end of the century, researchers predict climate change could displace millions of people across the country. As policymakers start to grapple with that reality, there's a specific phrase making the rounds: "managed retreat."