– Wednesday at 8:00 pm – He was convinced he’d discovered a novel philosophy – inspired by the history of Alaska, and centered around the concept of “the commons” that could show us how to balance development with preservation, satisfy our need for energy, and, he believed, even overcome poverty itself. Watch this interesting independent […]
Read original article
- - “For this fiscal year, with acceptance of Medicaid expansion, nobody disputes that the federal government is picking up 100 percent of the tab,” the judge said. “It doesn’t cost the state one single dime."
- - The small community of Chiniak, which is down the road from Kodiak, has been evacuated. The community library reportedly was burned up in the fire.
- August 27, 2015- Entering the maximum security prison — with its checkpoints, razor wire barricades, metal detectors and armed guards—it’s hard to imagine an art class. Until you get to the library.
- August 27, 2015- Population loss is a long-term trend in much of rural America, and it’s gotten more acute since 2010.