– Tonight at 8:00 pm – Alaska Statehood! is the story of Alaskans’ fifty-year struggle for self government, taking on powerful national interests that were hauling away the Territory’s vast riches and leaving little for the well-being of its people. It’s an inspirational story of volunteerism and love of place that also shows how Democrats […]
Read original article
- U.S. Lisa Murkowski delivers her address at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 22, to the Alaska Legislature Joint Session.
- Sitka author Brendan Jones has won a statewide award for his book “The Alaskan Laundry.” Created in 1994, the Alaskana Award recognizes one work of fiction or nonfiction that gives “significant contributions to the understanding of Alaska, exhibiting originality and depth of research and knowledge.”
- One day after he lost both a book deal and a prominent speaking gig, Yiannopoulos said he was stepping down as technology editor for the website formerly run by President Trump's chief strategist.
- District 38 state Rep. Zach Fansler laid out his position on proposed taxes, the governor’s opioid disaster declaration, changes to oil and gas subsidies, and more Friday during a live KYUK call-in show with constituents.