– Wednesday at 8:00 – Alaska Statehood Pioneers: In Their Own Words. Jay Hammond was born in upstate New York in 1922 . As a young man, he studied petroleum engineering, but migraines and a football injury drove him out of college. He took up flying as a civilian, but was compelled to enlist after […]
Read original article
- September 1, 2015- "It really helps to have good manners because we are waking people up. The interviewers ask folks very intrusive questions about their income levels, about their history, about demographic factors, health," said Mariya Lovishchuk.
- - Alaska's health commissioner spends her summers working on policy issues by day and fishing for salmon for the winter on nights and weekends with her family who belong to the Yup'ik people.
- September 1, 2015- Aside from a lack of routing measures, the Bering Sea’s nautical charts are outdated, presenting serious safety risks to vessels of all kinds.
- September 1, 2015- The new bicycle repair station in the flats neighborhood of downtown Juneau has a bike rack, a bike stand, a pump and an array of tools.