– Wednesday at 8:00 – Alaska Statehood Pioneers: In Their Own Words. Jay Hammond was born in upstate New York in 1922 . As a young man, he studied petroleum engineering, but migraines and a football injury drove him out of college. He took up flying as a civilian, but was compelled to enlist after […]
Read original article
- Emmanuel Jal, a peace activist, musician and entrepreneur visited Juneau to tell high school students about his experience as a child soldier.
- The commission will make a decision within 10 days. In the meantime, Henry has just about a week before he must report to federal prison to serve a year-long sentence for his failure to file income taxes.
- The billionaire husband of Alaska Dispatch News owner Alice Rogoff now has his own prime-time television talk show.
- While Walker’s administration has the authority to issue the bonds, the legislature would have to appropriate money to pay them off.