– Wednesday at 8:00 – Alaska Statehood Pioneers: In Their Own Words. Jay Hammond was born in upstate New York in 1922 . As a young man, he studied petroleum engineering, but migraines and a football injury drove him out of college. He took up flying as a civilian, but was compelled to enlist after […]
Read original article
- Juneau police reported five people injured in a four-vehicle accident on Egan Drive at Fred Meyer.
- A state economist said the oil and gas industry is shrinking fast, but it could bottom out soon.
- Tlingit battle helmets were designed to inspire fear. The thick, wooden head armor carried imagery of strong warriors, fierce animals or revered ancestors.
- After loss of tax credit payments from the state and construction delays, a Cook Inlet oil company asks for help.