– Wednesday at 8:00 – Alaska Statehood Pioneers: In Their Own Words. Jay Hammond was born in upstate New York in 1922 . As a young man, he studied petroleum engineering, but migraines and a football injury drove him out of college. He took up flying as a civilian, but was compelled to enlist after […]
Read original article
- The contest is a partnership between Spruce Root Inc. and The Nature Conservancy. This year, Path to Prosperity is focused on local food.
- Investigators are still looking into the case in which $5,000 cash was reportedly taken in May from Taku Harley-Davidson in downtown Juneau.
- Joel Clement, who was director of the Interior Department's Office of Policy Analysis during the Obama administration, says in a newspaper op-ed that he was reassigned to an "accounting office."
- Joseph Murphy, 49, was placed in protective custody at Lemon Creek Correctional Center on Aug. 13, 2015, and he died the next morning.