– Wednesday at 8:00 pm – Alaska Statehood Pioneers: In Their Own Words. Jay Hammond was born in upstate New York in 1922 . As a young man, he studied petroleum engineering, but migraines and a football injury drove him out of college. He took up flying as a civilian, but was compelled to enlist […]
Read original article
- October 3, 2015- Unalaska officials said the move won’t hit the city’s budget too hard. But local companies doing business with Shell are scrambling to figure out what it will mean for them.
- October 3, 2015- The pieces are from 52 tribes, including Tlingit and Haida items that might be sacred. The country’s oldest theology school could get dinged with penalties as feds investigate.
- October 3, 2015- How to plant bulbs in a raised bed or hillside with adequate sun, good drainage, and the proper spacing and depth. And, the pointy end always goes up.
- - A trauma center in northern Afghanistan run by the international aid group was badly damaged early Saturday at about the same time as a U.S. airstrike in the area.