– Wednesday at 8:00 pm – Alaska Statehood Pioneers: In Their Own Words. Jay Hammond was born in upstate New York in 1922 . As a young man, he studied petroleum engineering, but migraines and a football injury drove him out of college. He took up flying as a civilian, but was compelled to enlist […]
Read original article
- Could you live in 200 square feet if it meant being debt-free?
- While 15 percent of the state’s population is Alaska Native, fewer than 5 percent of its teachers are.
- Public lands managers in Alaska say climate change brings new challenges to the decadeslong dilemma over balancing resource extraction with conservation of undeveloped land within the state’s 425 million acres.
- You asked: If it's not the dark, is it the cold? Why did you focus on men, not women? And how can we help?