– Wednesday at 8:00 pm – Alaska Statehood Pioneers: In Their Own Words. Jay Hammond was born in upstate New York in 1922 . As a young man, he studied petroleum engineering, but migraines and a football injury drove him out of college. He took up flying as a civilian, but was compelled to enlist […]
Read original article
- Rural health aides have a long, successful history of improving access to health care in Alaska. Now, dental a program based on that model is improving oral care in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta.
- From midnight Monday through about 1 p.m. Tuesday, Ketchikan received more than 8 inches of rain.
- Canadian power company Hydro One isn't interested in selling Alaska Electric Light & Power Company. But the Juneau Assembly still wants to study the prospect of a municipal-owned utility.
- The Haines School has a new top administrator this year, but it isn't Rich Carlson’s first time in the district. He held the same position during the 2015-2016 school year and Carlson said it feels like he never left.