– Wednesday at 8:00 pm – Alaska Statehood Pioneers: In Their Own Words. Jay Hammond was born in upstate New York in 1922 . As a young man, he studied petroleum engineering, but migraines and a football injury drove him out of college. He took up flying as a civilian, but was compelled to enlist […]
Read original article
- Tlingit battle helmets were designed to inspire fear. The thick, wooden head armor carried imagery of strong warriors, fierce animals or revered ancestors.
- After loss of tax credit payments from the state and construction delays, a Cook Inlet oil company asks for help.
- Two Juneau women were arrested and charged Wednesday after the station wagon they were in struck a pedestrian, according a Juneau Police Department news release.
- A new federal rule will ban smoking in public housing nationwide. The notice was released Wednesday by the Department of Housing and Urban Development and will take effect in 18 months. But Alaska is looking to do that a lot sooner.