– Wednesday at 8:00 pm – Alaska Statehood Pioneers: In Their Own Words. Jay Hammond was born in upstate New York in 1922 . As a young man, he studied petroleum engineering, but migraines and a football injury drove him out of college. He took up flying as a civilian, but was compelled to enlist […]
Read original article
- For decades, U.S. authorities have been preparing to prosecute one of the world's most feared drug traffickers. They say they are seeking a life sentence and $14 billion in forfeited drug proceeds.
- Donald Trump has completed an unlikely journey from real estate mogul to the 45th president of the United States.
- The Juneau Police Department says that under the proposed ordinance anyone caught camping downtown who refuses to move could be arrested for disorderly conduct – a jailable offense.
- The four leaders say removing campers from downtown district can be done in “a humane and compassionate” way by establishing a campsite elsewhere.