– Wednesday at 8:00 pm – Alaska Statehood Pioneers: In Their Own Words. Jay Hammond was born in upstate New York in 1922 . As a young man, he studied petroleum engineering, but migraines and a football injury drove him out of college. He took up flying as a civilian, but was compelled to enlist […]
Read original article
- September 1, 2015- Across the state, businesses from banks to hotels to hardware contractors are named "McKinley." Now all those shops are left deciding if they need to rebrand.
- September 1, 2015- Obama also wants to work with Congress to plan for an expanded icebreaker fleet, “To ensure the United States can operate year-round in the Arctic Ocean,” he said.
- September 1, 2015- As President Obama continues touring Alaska, the aims and outcomes of Monday’s GLACIER Conference are still being sorted out.
- August 31, 2015- Litter, fistfights, intoxicated loiterers, open container violations and sundry calls for emergency services are common at the pocket park in the shadow of the Gastineau Apartments.