– Wednesday at 8:00 pm – Alaska Statehood Pioneers: In Their Own Words. Jay Hammond was born in upstate New York in 1922 . As a young man, he studied petroleum engineering, but migraines and a football injury drove him out of college. He took up flying as a civilian, but was compelled to enlist […]
Read original article
- Juneau School District officials believe they can help kids struggling in the classroom by adopting a strategy that monitors their performances over time.
- Canadian timber company refuses to do business in Haines after the Haines Borough demanded the company pay a sales tax.
- Homeless shelters are being filled beyond capacity as more people get pushed out of homeless camps towards social services.
- Authorities re-routed traffic on Egan drive for a half hour after a two-vehicle collision Saturday.