– Wednesdays at 8:00 pm – This week hear about the constitutional convention, the newspaper business, Ernest Gruening, statehood and more… from George Sundborg on Alaska Statehood Pioneers: In Their Own Words. Repeats on Sunday at 7:00 pm.
Read original article
- An old growth timber sale recently announced in a Ketchikan newspaper has one conservation group scratching its head. That’s because this type of harvest, near valuable salmon streams, won’t be allowed in the future.
- Ballots are still outstanding from four precincts in District 40: Selawik, Browerville, Anaktuvuk Pass and Ambler.
- Enrolled members of Alaska’s largest tribal government are getting enhanced photo IDs. They can be used for border crossings and some other situations where official identification is necessary.
- Juneau police are looking for 25-year-old Micah Nelson of Juneau in connection with several recent reckless driving incidents and a hit and run.