– Wednesdays at 8:00 pm – This week hear about the constitutional convention, the newspaper business, Ernest Gruening, statehood and more… from George Sundborg on Alaska Statehood Pioneers: In Their Own Words. Repeats on Sunday at 7:00 pm.
Read original article
- An appeals court today upheld a federal decision to list a species of ice seals as threatened under the Endangered Species Act.
- The premiums on benchmark plans are increasing by an average of 22 percent in 2017, the government says, but more than 70 percent of people can get one for less than $75 a month after subsidies.
- Southeast’s largest tribal organization will soon be able to offer an alternative to the court system for some criminal cases.
- Joe Nelson of Juneau said many in the delegation felt strongly that the position should be filled by a tribal representative.