– Wednesday at 9:00 – Aldo Leopold and a Land Ethic For Our Time. This EMMY Award winning film looks at the legendary environmentalist Aldo Leopold. Green Fire highlights Leopold’s extraordinary career tracing how he shaped and influenced the modern environmental movement. Leopold remains relevant today, inspiring projects all over the country that connect people […]
Read original article
- The state Division of Insurance plans to ask the feds to offset its costs for the Alaska Reinsurance Program.
- After a mild start to December, it’s gotten bitter cold in Haines and Skagway, with temperatures dropping into the teens and single digits. With temperatures far below freezing, snowfall from the weekend is not likely to go anywhere soon.
- As temperatures rise, Arctic ice is retreating, making trips through the Northwest passage – from Alaska to Maine – a new summer reality. But until now, mariners navigating Arctic ice have had limited formal training. A professor at Maine Maritime Academy is working to change that.
- One shot was fired in an officer-involved shooting Saturday, according to the Juneau Police Department. Police say Sgt. Chris Gifford fired the shot that injured Jeremie Shaun Tinney, 38, of Juneau while officers were investigating a single-vehicle crash in the 16500 block of Ocean View Drive.