– Wednesday at 9:00 – Aldo Leopold and a Land Ethic For Our Time. This EMMY Award winning film looks at the legendary environmentalist Aldo Leopold. Green Fire highlights Leopold’s extraordinary career tracing how he shaped and influenced the modern environmental movement. Leopold remains relevant today, inspiring projects all over the country that connect people […]
Read original article
- October 9, 2015- The Haines Highway is blocked because of mudslides this afternoon after a couple days of heavy rainfall. According to highway residents, there are four slides between 18 and 21 mile that have made the road impassable.
- October 9, 2015- With just two weeks to go before the special session, state lawmakers have yet to see the natural gas legislation they’ll be discussing – Gov. Bill Walker hasn’t released it.
- October 9, 2015- “I mean I’m not deaf, so I realize it’s pretty funny to listen to," said Mary Maley. "I'm kind of famous as a tour guide for being sort of loud, yelling over engines and having the ability to do that on tour."
- - Anna Lance, 17, says most of the poems she submitted for the competition are about loving Alaska yet wanting to leave.