– Friday at 8:00 pm – An Evening at Egan Lecture with author Ross Coen. What the test run of an ice-breaking tanker in the Northwest Passage tells about the impracticality of moving crude oil by ice breaking ships. The 1968 voyage of the Manhattan provides an important historical reference point for marine traffic and […]
Read original article
- Kenneth Manzanares, 39, is charged by a federal grand jury with one count of first-degree murder in the death of his wife, Kristy Manzanares, also 39, aboard the Emerald Princess cruise ship in Southeast Alaska.
- The federal government is moving forward with its review of Hilcorp's proposal to drill offshore for oil in the Arctic.
- A series of promising oil discoveries and a recent move by the Trump administration mean the vast, remote National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska is about to get a lot more controversial.
- Details are emerging slowly on the fire at the Peter Pan Seafoods processing plant in Port Moller. The 100-year-old plant caught fire late Tuesday night, and the blaze continued to burn Wednesday. The full scope of the damage is still unclear, but witnesses say it is extensive.