– Friday at 8:00 pm – An Evening at Egan Lecture with author Ross Coen. What the test run of an ice-breaking tanker in the Northwest Passage tells about the impracticality of moving crude oil by ice breaking ships. The 1968 voyage of the Manhattan provides an important historical reference point for marine traffic and […]
Read original article
- When traveling into the wilderness, the Alaska Rescue Coordination Center recommends travelers take a personal locator with them.
- The subsistence harvest is scheduled to open April 2 and run through August 31. The fall hunt is set to begin in September.
- The Bethel City Manager decided to change the accident policy to give city truck drivers who are found to be negligent tickets and drug tests.
- Two months after Pearl Harbor, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signed the executive order that paved the way for Japanese-American internment. Decades later, those dark days resonate.