– Friday at 8:00 pm – An Evening at Egan Lecture with author Ross Coen. What the test run of an ice-breaking tanker in the Northwest Passage tells about the impracticality of moving crude oil by ice breaking ships. The 1968 voyage of the Manhattan provides an important historical reference point for marine traffic and […]
Read original article
- The fire has burned through almost 2,000 acres since Tuesday morning.
- During last week’s Alaska Wood Energy Conference in Ketchikan, participants heard three “case studies” from communities in Alaska that have invested in biomass: Galena, Ketchikan and Tanana.
- The foods we choose to put on our plates — or toss away – could have more of an ecological impact than many of us realize.
- The country's National Grid announced Friday it was on its way to a full day without requiring its coal plants to produce power. Britain plans to eliminate the energy source by 2025.