– Friday at 8:00 pm – An Evening at Egan Lecture with author Ross Coen. What the test run of an ice-breaking tanker in the Northwest Passage tells about the impracticality of moving crude oil by ice breaking ships. The 1968 voyage of the Manhattan provides an important historical reference point for marine traffic and […]
Read original article
- Now, to avoid a second year of mass layoff notices to state workers and another government shutdown scare, the pressure is on lawmakers to take the negotiated deal as-is.
- The U.S. Forest Service wants tourists to take in the dramatic views, but also consider why the glacier is shrinking.
- Photos from Monday's observances at Evergreen Cemetery and Warrior Park.
- It took Damon Stuebner eight years to make this documentary. It traces Storis’ journey from World War II to its long history in Alaska dating to 1948 when it came to Juneau.