– Wednesday at 9:00 pm – Since Peter Buschmann founded the community that bears his name a century ago, Petersburg has been purely and simply a fishing town. Buschmann’s cannery ventures collapsed during the robber baron era of frontier capitalism, but the town referred to as Alaska’s little Norway continues to thrive with an economy […]
Read original article
- Lawmakers plan to spend as little as one day in Juneau, as they meet Thursday for their third special session this year.
- Charging documents state that a seizure caused an accident that left two people dead July 4th last year. The driver in a van accident, Chris Allen, 24, is facing murder and manslaughter charges.
- Alaska Airlines is still ironing out operational wrinkles following the acquisition of Virgin America last year. At the same time, its smaller, regional airline is still grappling with a pilot shortage.
- A green sponge discovered in 2005 in Southeast Alaska waters has unique properties that could be used to treat certain types of cancer. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration hosted a news conference Wednesday morning.