– Tuesday at 8:00 pm – North Pole Promise is the story of two American explorers and their secret legacy left behind at the North Pole 100 years ago. Admiral Robert E. Peary, and his associate Matthew Henson both fathered sons with Greenlandic Inuit (Eskimo) women during their attempts to reach the North Pole in […]
Read original article
- Authorities re-routed traffic on Egan drive for a half hour after a two-vehicle collision Saturday.
- A French ship docked in Unalaska is bound for Nome, where the crew will lay fiber optic cable.
- Columbia Ferry breaks down and strands tourists in Petersburg.
- Gov. Bill Walker has signed legislation he says will provide more timber for Alaska’s mills. But it probably won’t be that much of an increase.