– Tuesday at 8:00 pm – North Pole Promise is the story of two American explorers and their secret legacy left behind at the North Pole 100 years ago. Admiral Robert E. Peary, and his associate Matthew Henson both fathered sons with Greenlandic Inuit (Eskimo) women during their attempts to reach the North Pole in […]
Read original article
- In his annual address to the Alaska Legislature, U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan did not say much about President Donald Trump, and he did not bring up the issues that drove demonstrators to the steps of the state Capitol on Friday: Trump’s policies on immigration and refugees, and what Congress intends to do about the Affordable Care Act.
- The students studied 10 subject areas as they related to World War II. Their study materials included math, history, art and music. They competed against more than 130 students from 11 other high schools.
- The Trump administration hasn't taken action on its promises to protect religious liberties, which some see as opposing LGBTQ people. But some state legislatures are taking this as support.
- After minor surgeries, many dentists used to reflexively prescribe quick-acting opioids to relieve a patient's pain. Now they're learning to counsel patients about better, less addictive alternatives.