– Tuesday at 8:00 pm – The PREMIERE of part three in the Alaska College Track series shows the challenges faced by rural Alaska Native students on their path toward graduation as they balance cultural obligations with work and school. The half hour television documentary starts at 8:00 and will be followed at 8:30 by […]
Read original article
- As a child in Iran, Parisa Elahian was told by school officials she wasn’t equal with other children. "They called us dirty, so they had to separate us from the other kids, so I was in the corner of the class," Elahian said.
- This weekend, crowds showed up in the pouring rain to do their holiday shopping at Juneau’s Public Market, but it wasn’t the only place in town to buy local goods.
- Southeast Alaska biologists had a rare opportunity to watch the hatching of thousands of market squid eggs.
- Diverse commercial markets for the snake-like creature have opened up over the past few years but catching them can be tricky.