– Sunday at 8:00 p.m. – This is the first broadcast of this new documentary created to help celebrate the 50th anniversary of our state ferry system. Get in on this “preview” for Alaskans before the program is distributed to public television stations across the country. Find out a LOT more and watch a trailer […]
Read original article
- With U.S. Senator Dan Sullivan’s help, the Water Resources Development Act has passed the U.S. Senate, inching Nome closer to the possibility of an Arctic deep draft port. The act will bring $1.4 billion dollars to new water infrastructure over the next five years.
- Cabinet members and high-ranking science advisors from 25 governments will convene on the White House tomorrow to discuss the Arctic. It’s billed as the first-ever White House Arctic Science Ministerial.
- Citing the concerns among his constituents an Anchorage Assembly member knelt during the pledge of allegiance during a Tuesday meeting.
- Tarps and blankets, and heat sinks made out of buckets of water can minimize frost damage to plants and vegetables.