– Tuesday at 8:00 pm – One family, alone in the Brooks Range for 14 Months. A true Alaska documentary, “Arctic Son” describes their adventures. Author Jeanie Aspen, daughter of Alaskan adventurers Constance and Bud Helmericks, sets out with her husband, Tom, their 6-year-old son, Luke, and friend Laurie for fourteen months alone in Alaska’s […]
Read original article
- Between decommissioned defense sites and contaminated currents, the Bering Strait Region is particularly vulnerable to toxic pollution.
- The Tlingit-Haida Central Council, Southeast Alaska’s largest tribal organization, wants to expand its programs through profits from a business it’s buying.
- But in some cases, like the Kensington Mine, it’s too late.
- While “Annapurna” officially opens Friday at Perseverance Theatre, you can catch pay-as-you-can previews Wednesday and Thursday at 7:30 p.m.