– Tuesday at 8:00 pm – One family, alone in the Brooks Range for 14 Months. A true Alaska documentary, “Arctic Son” describes their adventures. Author Jeanie Aspen, daughter of Alaskan adventurers Constance and Bud Helmericks, sets out with her husband, Tom, their 6-year-old son, Luke, and friend Laurie for fourteen months alone in Alaska’s […]
Read original article
- Dan Henry agreed to pay more than $600,000 in restitution and serve up to two years in federal prison.
- Alaska Airlines use of the phrase "Meet our Eskimo" in its rebranding campaign has sparked a controversy and new conversation about what “Eskimo” means to Alaska Natives.
- The offer is the latest salvo in a battle between lawmakers, developers and lawyers over the price legislators agreed to for the building in 2013 during a very different fiscal climate.
- The city thinks Hecla's Greens Creek mine may be responsible. The mine says its discharges in the area meet state requirements.