– Thursdays at 8:30 pm – From the vault of the Alaska Film Archives at the University of Alaska’s Rasmuson Library, we get to learn about ourselves and our state from historical television program from earlier days.
Read original article
- The legislation would close a quarter of the gap between what the state government spends and what it raises.
- Sen. Kevin Meyer said his constituents oppose creating a new bureaucracy to collect an income tax when the Permanent Fund continues to pay dividends.
- Two dead squid have washed ashore in as many weeks, but it's unclear if these are unrelated incidents or a sign of something more significant.
- A GoFundMe appeal to help rebuild the Twin Lakes playground raised $4,625 in less than a day. But read the fine print: the website takes nearly 8 percent in fees.