– Sunday at 8:00 pm – As captain of a U.S. Marine Revenue cutter, Captain Michael Healy stood for law and order along the treacherous 30,000-mile coast of the Alaska territory. From San Francisco’s Barbary Coast to the Arctic, sailors swapped stories of “Hell-Roaring Mike Healy.” The man who skippered the U.S. cutter called Bear […]
Read original article
- Juneau School District officials believe they can help kids struggling in the classroom by adopting a strategy that monitors their performances over time.
- Canadian timber company refuses to do business in Haines after the Haines Borough demanded the company pay a sales tax.
- Homeless shelters are being filled beyond capacity as more people get pushed out of homeless camps towards social services.
- Authorities re-routed traffic on Egan drive for a half hour after a two-vehicle collision Saturday.