– Sunday at 8:00 pm – As captain of a U.S. Marine Revenue cutter, Captain Michael Healy stood for law and order along the treacherous 30,000-mile coast of the Alaska territory. From San Francisco’s Barbary Coast to the Arctic, sailors swapped stories of “Hell-Roaring Mike Healy.” The man who skippered the U.S. cutter called Bear […]
Read original article
- U.S. Lisa Murkowski delivers her address at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 22, to the Alaska Legislature Joint Session.
- Sitka author Brendan Jones has won a statewide award for his book “The Alaskan Laundry.” Created in 1994, the Alaskana Award recognizes one work of fiction or nonfiction that gives “significant contributions to the understanding of Alaska, exhibiting originality and depth of research and knowledge.”
- One day after he lost both a book deal and a prominent speaking gig, Yiannopoulos said he was stepping down as technology editor for the website formerly run by President Trump's chief strategist.
- District 38 state Rep. Zach Fansler laid out his position on proposed taxes, the governor’s opioid disaster declaration, changes to oil and gas subsidies, and more Friday during a live KYUK call-in show with constituents.