– Friday at 8:00 pm – The Juneau World Affairs Council presents China in Transition with Jack Perkowski. Mr. Perkowski is often called ”Mr. China” because he is widely recognized as an expert on doing business there. He authored Managing the Dragon: How I’m Building a Billion Dollar Business in China, which provides timely insights into ongoing developments in the country. This program was recorded in Juneau on December 12 for broadcast on 360 North.
Read original article
- Sen. Kevin Meyer said his constituents oppose creating a new bureaucracy to collect an income tax when the Permanent Fund continues to pay dividends.
- Two dead squid have washed ashore in as many weeks, but it's unclear if these are unrelated incidents or a sign of something more significant.
- A GoFundMe appeal to help rebuild the Twin Lakes playground raised $4,625 in less than a day. But read the fine print: the website takes nearly 8 percent in fees.
- The fire marshal also noted no accelerants -- such as gasoline -- were used. He said the shredded rubber material on the playground became the fuel source.