– Friday at 8:00 pm – The Juneau World Affairs Council presents China in Transition with Jack Perkowski. Mr. Perkowski is often called ”Mr. China” because he is widely recognized as an expert on doing business there. He authored Managing the Dragon: How I’m Building a Billion Dollar Business in China, which provides timely insights into ongoing developments in the country. This program was recorded in Juneau on December 12 for broadcast on 360 North.
Read original article
- The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating how and why a Juneau-bound helicopter ferrying tourists crashed during a glacier excursion. The pilot and six tourists were treated and released at Juneau's hospital with minor injuries.
- Part way through Wrangell’s salmon derby and just before the start of Petersburg’s derby, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game is closing sport fishing around the mouth of the Stikine River because of low returns of king salmon.
- Miss Alaska USA Alyssa London was in Ketchikan this week, visiting Fawn Mountain Elementary School on Wednesday. London is the first Tlingit Miss Alaska USA, and she brought a message of pride to the kids at Fawn Mountain, which has a large population of Alaska Native students.
- The beer-centric celebration is a quarter-century old this year and it’s bigger than ever. Twenty-five breweries will offer samplings to nearly 2,000 attendees.