– Friday at 8:00 pm – The Juneau World Affairs Council presents China in Transition with Jack Perkowski. Mr. Perkowski is often called ”Mr. China” because he is widely recognized as an expert on doing business there. He authored Managing the Dragon: How I’m Building a Billion Dollar Business in China, which provides timely insights into ongoing developments in the country. This program was recorded in Juneau on December 12 for broadcast on 360 North.
Read original article
- “Clearly those are going to be the most difficult issues that have to be solved going forward," said Republican Sen. Peter Micciche, R-Soldotna, a leader in the Senate. "I don’t think they’re going to happen in this bill.”
- On many Alaska beaches, plastic washes up faster than it can be picked up. The remote locations and mountains of plastic make Chris Pallister’s clean up work incredibly expensive.
- The unofficial mayor of Talkeetna, Stubbs the cat, passed away in the overnight hours between Thursday and Friday, according to his owners.
- The Trump administration has directed the National Park Service in Alaska and the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge to reconsider bans on certain state allowed game harvest techniques.