– Friday at 8:00 pm – The Juneau World Affairs Council presents China in Transition with Jack Perkowski. Mr. Perkowski is often called ”Mr. China” because he is widely recognized as an expert on doing business there. He authored Managing the Dragon: How I’m Building a Billion Dollar Business in China, which provides timely insights into ongoing developments in the country. This program was recorded in Juneau on December 12 for broadcast on 360 North.
Read original article
- The co-chairmen of the House Finance Committee revised their plans to introduce an income tax to Alaska for the first time in nearly four decades.
- The Sitka Sound sac roe herring fishery is in full swing. In less than a week, the fleet has caught over half of its quota. And while most crew members work on the water, spotter pilots fish for herring from the sky.
- A lot of eyes were on the U.S. House today, but, as Republican factions shuttled to the White House to negotiate, it was a day of waiting for most.
- Gov. Walker’s legislation creates a new definition for independent contractors that would determine whether employers have to pay to insure against on-the-job injuries.