– Friday at 8:00 pm – The Juneau World Affairs Council presents China in Transition with Jack Perkowski. Mr. Perkowski is often called ”Mr. China” because he is widely recognized as an expert on doing business there. He authored Managing the Dragon: How I’m Building a Billion Dollar Business in China, which provides timely insights into ongoing developments in the country. This program was recorded in Juneau on December 12 for broadcast on 360 North.
Read original article
- The Washington Post’s style section reports that Jose DelReal was blocked Wednesday from covering a campaign event for vice presidential nominee Mike Pence in Wisconsin.
- The Republican presidential nominee faced a day of harsh criticism from across the political spectrum for appearing to urge Russia to hack his Democratic rival's email.
- The Ketchikan School Board approved a new policy Wednesday establishing programs to help reduce child abuse and sexual assault. There was no discussion before the unanimous roll-call vote in favor of the policy, which calls for age-appropriate information for students in all grade levels to teach about appropriate conduct, and resources available for students.
- The United Fishermen of Alaska is working on a project to figure out what issues the salmon fleet is concerned about – and how to reach them.