– Friday at 8:00 pm – The Juneau World Affairs Council presents China in Transition with Jack Perkowski. Mr. Perkowski is often called ”Mr. China” because he is widely recognized as an expert on doing business there. He authored Managing the Dragon: How I’m Building a Billion Dollar Business in China, which provides timely insights into ongoing developments in the country. This program was recorded in Juneau on December 12 for broadcast on 360 North.
Read original article
- Juneau’s Gunakadeit Park getting ready to be torn down. The park will serve as the staging area for the larger demolition of the Gastineau Apartments.
- Turkey said the plane violated its airspace and that it had issued 10 warnings before firing. Russian President Vladimir Putin said the downing was a "stab in the back by the terrorists' accomplices."
- One doesn’t usually associate “state gasline corporation” and “drama” — but this weekend, the state-owned Alaska Gasline Development Corporation was the source of all kinds of drama.
- This season's pink salmon were slightly bigger, but southern Panhandle runs fizzled.