– Begins Wednesday, January 23 – Learn about the early days of a young state. Hear the stories of people who worked toward Alaska statehood and participated in the Alaska constitutional convention… in their own words. This ten-part series is a production of 360 North. Funding was provided by the Alaska Humanities Forum, the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Alaska Committee.
Read original article
- When traveling into the wilderness, the Alaska Rescue Coordination Center recommends travelers take a personal locator with them.
- The subsistence harvest is scheduled to open April 2 and run through August 31. The fall hunt is set to begin in September.
- The Bethel City Manager decided to change the accident policy to give city truck drivers who are found to be negligent tickets and drug tests.
- Two months after Pearl Harbor, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signed the executive order that paved the way for Japanese-American internment. Decades later, those dark days resonate.