– Begins Wednesday, January 23 – Learn about the early days of a young state. Hear the stories of people who worked toward Alaska statehood and participated in the Alaska constitutional convention… in their own words. This ten-part series is a production of 360 North. Funding was provided by the Alaska Humanities Forum, the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Alaska Committee.
Read original article
- President Obama hopes to "pass the baton" to Hillary Clinton — not just because he supports her but because a Republican president could reverse some of his signature initiatives.
- In its most recent draft, the Juneau Assembly added gender expression as a protected class in its proposed Equal Rights Ordinance.
- Roughly 16,000 pounds of chum spilled onto Egan Drive Monday afternoon. Declared unsafe for consumption, the fish have been destroyed.
- Juneau residents met Sunday to discuss race relations and ways to prevent racial violence.