– Begins Wednesday, January 23 – Learn about the early days of a young state. Hear the stories of people who worked toward Alaska statehood and participated in the Alaska constitutional convention… in their own words. This ten-part series is a production of 360 North. Funding was provided by the Alaska Humanities Forum, the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Alaska Committee.
Read original article
- Out-going state Ombudsman Linda Lord-Jenkins said the cases show that in the foster care system, failing to complete administrative tasks can have long-term impacts.
- Researchers say more studies, and more data collected by the updated sensor network should help climatologists determine whether Alaska’s lightning season will be getting longer.
- Hundreds of people had gathered around to try to collect oil after an oil tanker truck overturned and began leaking. Someone lighting a cigarette may have sparked the fire.
- Authorities have evacuated roughly 650 apartments in London high-rises, citing cladding similar to the materials used in Grenfell Tower, which went up in a deadly blaze earlier this month.