– Begins Wednesday, January 23 – Learn about the early days of a young state. Hear the stories of people who worked toward Alaska statehood and participated in the Alaska constitutional convention… in their own words. This ten-part series is a production of 360 North. Funding was provided by the Alaska Humanities Forum, the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Alaska Committee.
Read original article
- September 1, 2015- The new bicycle repair station in the flats neighborhood of downtown Juneau has a bike rack, a bike stand, a pump and an array of tools.
- September 1, 2015- President Barack Obama met with leaders from the Alaska Native community while in Anchorage for the GLACIER conference.
- September 1, 2015- The president called Exit Glacier at Kenai Fjords National Park a "signpost" of climate change. It has retreated more than 800 feet since 2008.
- September 1, 2015- Across the state, businesses from banks to hotels to hardware contractors are named "McKinley." Now all those shops are left deciding if they need to rebrand.