KRNN congratulates this year’s Juneau Arts and Humanities Council’s “Mayor’s Awards for the Arts” recipients:
• Artist: Dan Hopson, musician, classical guitarist, and music teacher.
• Arts in Education: The Elementary Art Specialist team of Nancy Lehnhart and Mimi Walker Medenica.
• Business Leadership in the Arts: Alaskan Brewing Company.
• Innovative Application of the Arts: Lucid Reverie.
• Lifetime Achievement in the Arts: Guy “Buddy” Tabor, musician, singer/songwriter.
• Patron of the Arts: Bruce Simonson
• Volunteer for the Arts: Bing Carillo
Awards will be handed out at the Sunday Wearable Arts show at Centennial Hall on February 12, 2012. More Information.
- All three said Trump would be better for Alaska than Clinton would be. But their support for him ranged from tepid to chilly.
- With social media, people have the opportunity to project their best selves. We pick and choose what we share and how we share it.
- Pebble’s parent company will pay its CEO $12.5 million if he can get an Army Corps of Engineers permit within four years of applying. The bonus would drop to $7.5 million if it takes six years.
- Walker new DNR commissioner appointment was the second cabinet change announced Thursday.