KRNN congratulates this year’s Juneau Arts and Humanities Council’s “Mayor’s Awards for the Arts” recipients:
• Artist: Dan Hopson, musician, classical guitarist, and music teacher.
• Arts in Education: The Elementary Art Specialist team of Nancy Lehnhart and Mimi Walker Medenica.
• Business Leadership in the Arts: Alaskan Brewing Company.
• Innovative Application of the Arts: Lucid Reverie.
• Lifetime Achievement in the Arts: Guy “Buddy” Tabor, musician, singer/songwriter.
• Patron of the Arts: Bruce Simonson
• Volunteer for the Arts: Bing Carillo
Awards will be handed out at the Sunday Wearable Arts show at Centennial Hall on February 12, 2012. More Information.
- Alaskans for Life protest the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision every year. 'Women's March on Juneau' organizers said they chose to protest to show solidarity with other women's marches, like the 'Women's March on Washington.'
- As the Legislature looks to close a nearly $3 billion gap between state spending and revenue, Southeast lawmakers say school funding shouldn’t be cut further.
- Forty JPD officers would be equipped with body cameras that would be funded by matching grants from CBJ Assembly and U.S. Department of Justice.
- The new White House took action on four measures Friday night, notably on the Affordable Care Act and regulations. The White House did not immediately make it clear what exactly was signed.