KRNN congratulates this year’s Juneau Arts and Humanities Council’s “Mayor’s Awards for the Arts” recipients:
• Artist: Dan Hopson, musician, classical guitarist, and music teacher.
• Arts in Education: The Elementary Art Specialist team of Nancy Lehnhart and Mimi Walker Medenica.
• Business Leadership in the Arts: Alaskan Brewing Company.
• Innovative Application of the Arts: Lucid Reverie.
• Lifetime Achievement in the Arts: Guy “Buddy” Tabor, musician, singer/songwriter.
• Patron of the Arts: Bruce Simonson
• Volunteer for the Arts: Bing Carillo
Awards will be handed out at the Sunday Wearable Arts show at Centennial Hall on February 12, 2012. More Information.
- After walking back a demand for border wall funding, President Trump is no longer threatening to stop health care subsidies under Obamacare, as conservatives renew a bid to repeal and replace the law.
- Police say 33 vehicles' tires were slashed. It's seeking the public's help with information.
- The Juneau-Douglas City Museum is included on a list of city-run facilities that could close. What would happen to the 85,000 items in its collection?
- The union representing Haines municipal employees has filed a grievance against the borough on behalf of police officers. The grievance stems from Assembly member Tom Morphet’s decision to publicize accusations against the police department at an Assembly meeting earlier this month.